EducationLLM, with honors, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1981, Gowen Award Recipient
LLB, Tel Aviv Law School, 1979
i empower ambition by guiding and assisting clients in fulfilling their dreams and by contributing to their success.
After working on more than 90 exits, many dreams have been fulfilled over the years.
My Practice Area is:
I have worked with:
- Large multinationals on cross border deals.
- Multi-generational private companies in planning and executing a liquidity event.
- US companies seeking to expand overseas and foreign companies seeking to expand in the US.
- Venture capital funds and angel investors.
- Scores of startups in all phases of their growth and development.
- Technology transfer offices and other technology-related transactions.
MY GREATEST STRENGTHS ARE:
- Knowing what is important and what is not.
- Negotiating the best possible deal for my clients without being rude or disrespectful to the other side and without compromising my credibility.
- Understanding that what is important to my client is important to me.
- Always telling my clients what I think and not what I think they want to hear.
- I always look for innovative ways to achieve a goal. I do not believe in “that’s the way things are always done” answers.
I WANT YOU TO KNOW:
- I have handled more than 250 M&A deals and more than 150 venture financings.
- I have handled transactions in 18 different countries. I am also an avid traveler and love to plan trips.
- I have been ranked by Chambers & Partners as a leading M&A lawyer in Pennsylvania for the past 12 years.
- I work from Tel Aviv approximately 8 weeks per year. I am a past President of the Philadelphia-Israel Chamber of Commerce and received an award from the Mayors of Philadelphia and Tel Aviv for promoting business ties between the two cities.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME IS:
- I have very eclectic tastes. A perfect day would be going to an Eagles game and then to the Opera or the Orchestra.
- I collect handwritten letters from opera composers.
- I love art and design. I designed my home in Villanova and collect modern glass art.
- I owned and rode my Icelandic horse for 15 years.
MY PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES ARE:
- Past Chair, Bnai Zion Foundation, Mid-Atlantic
- Past President, America-Israel Chamber of Commerce, Mid-Atlantic Chapter
INDUSTrIES OF FOCUS
- Life Sciences
- Chemical and Industrial
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity
- Venture Capital
- Impact Investing & Structured Exits
- Licensing & Technology Transfer
- Cross Border Transactions & Joint Ventures