EducationLLM, with honors, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1981, Gowen Award Recipient
LLB, Tel Aviv Law School, 1979
I have worked with:
- Large multinationals on cross border deals.
- Multi-generational private companies in planning and executing a liquidity event.
- US companies seeking to expand overseas and foreign companies seeking to expand in the US.
- Venture capital funds and angel investors.
- Scores of startups in all phases of their growth and development.
- Technology transfer offices and other technology-related transactions.
MY GREATEST STRENGTHS ARE:
- Knowing what is important and what is not.
- Negotiating the best possible deal for my clients without being rude or disrespectful to the other side and without compromising my credibility.
- Understanding that what is important to my client is important to me.
- Always telling my clients what I think and not what I think they want to hear.
- I always look for innovative ways to achieve a goal. I do not believe in “that’s the way things are always done” answers.
I WANT YOU TO KNOW:
- I have handled more than 250 M&A deals and more than 150 venture financings.
- I have handled transactions in 18 different countries. I am also an avid traveler and love to plan trips.
- I have been ranked by Chambers & Partners as a leading M&A lawyer in Pennsylvania for the past 12 years.
- I work from Tel Aviv approximately 8 weeks per year. I am a past President of the Philadelphia-Israel Chamber of Commerce and received an award from the Mayors of Philadelphia and Tel Aviv for promoting business ties between the two cities.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME IS:
- I have very eclectic tastes. A perfect day would be going to an Eagles game and then to the Opera or the Orchestra.
- I collect handwritten letters from opera composers.
- I love art and design. I designed my home in Villanova and collect modern glass art.
- I owned and rode my Icelandic horse for 15 years.
MY PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES ARE:
- Past Chair, Bnai Zion Foundation, Mid-Atlantic
- Past President, America-Israel Chamber of Commerce, Mid-Atlantic Chapter
INDUSTrIES OF FOCUS
- Life Sciences
- Chemical and Industrial
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity
- Venture Capital
- Impact Investing & Structured Exits
- Licensing & Technology Transfer
- Cross Border Transactions & Joint Ventures