EducationJ.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1995 B.A., magna cum laude, Wellesley College, 1992 Universite Aix-Marseille III/Institut d'Etudes Politiques, France, 1990-1991 Germantown Academy, 1988
AdmissionsPennsylvania Washington D.C. (Currently Inactive)
I empowered ambition when I stepped in for the CEO in order to close the deal.
Our large corporate client had been preparing to sell the company, but the CEO was called away on a family emergency. The acquirer threatened to walk away. However, the Chairman of the Board urged me to take on the business role and keep the deal moving. I immersed myself in the role and was able to negotiate and close a favorable deal.
My practice area Is:
I have worked with:
- Publicly traded companies in a variety of industries—including life sciences, insurance, energy, electronics, consumer products—regarding securities laws compliance and corporate governance.
- Biotech and medical device companies—ranging from startup to Fortune 500—handling mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, securities offerings, and general transactions.
- Manufacturers of electronic components, packaging materials, and clothing—handling compliance matters, capital raising, and commercial contracts.
- Private equity firms with respect to their portfolio investments.
- Startup businesses regarding transactions, corporate governance, and capital-raising.
MY GREATEST STRENGTHS ARE:
- Identifying and reducing risk without interfering with the business objectives of my clients.
- Responding to my clients’ needs quickly and efficiently with advice that is practical and easy to understand.
- Knowing my clients and their businesses as a whole in order to provide comprehensive service as part of their teams.
I WANT YOU TO KNOW:
I was formerly a corporate finance and securities partner in the Washington, DC office of a large, international law firm.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME IS:
I find balance in my professional life by teaching weekend yoga classes.
My Professional & Community activities are:
Executive Parents' Committee, Germantown Academy
- Life Sciences
- Emerging Growth
- Consumer Products
- Corporate Finance Transactions
- Public Offerings and Private Placements
- Federal Securities Laws Compliance
- Business & Commercial Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Licensing & Technology Transactions
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Compliance
- General Business & Corporate Counseling