EducationJ.D., Fordham University School of Law, magna cum laude, Mary Daly Scholar, 2011
B.A., Dartmouth College, 2004
I empowered ambition when I helped a mobile app business draft and negotiate interconnected hardware and software purchase agreements, revenue sharing and reseller agreements, and sponsorship, branding and display advertising agreements on a tight timeline in connection with a major sporting event that constituted the launch of the client’s newest product.
My Practice Area IS:
I have worked with:
- Software providers from start-ups to those with +$50 million in annual revenue in developing and refining contracts, streamlining sales processes, and monetizing and protecting data.
- High tech employers in developing comprehensive non-disclosure agreements and intellectual property protections for use with employees, consultants, vendors and investors.
- Some of the world's largest financial and pharmaceutical companies in negotiating complex enterprise software agreements on behalf of my clients.
MY GREATEST STRENGTHS ARE:
- Understanding the ins and outs of my clients’ products and services, business plans, sales processes, and customer concerns in order to seamlessly blend contract drafting and negotiation into each client’s business practices.
- Developing excellent relationships with all members of each client’s team.
- Helping clients understand, in clear and relatable terms, the legal and business risks around intellectual property ownership, data privacy and security and contractual liability issues.
I WANT YOU TO KNOW:
- I love teaching and formerly served as an adjunct professor teaching an Internet law course at Fordham University School of Law in New York. Prior to law school I spent 3 years as a public school Kindergarten teacher in Camden, New Jersey.
- I was previously the Privacy Fellow and Interim Director of Fordham’s Center on Law and Information Policy where I created a first-of-its-kind privacy education program (available at https://www.fordham.edu/info/24071/privacy_education) designed to educate middle-school students on the interplay of popular technologies, privacy and reputation management. That curriculum is now taught by law students at schools across the country, including Harvard, Berkeley, Yale and Georgetown.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME IS:
I love spending time with my family, cooking, trivia games and Philadelphia sports.
Industries of Focus
- Internet & E-Commerce
- Licensing & Technology Transactions
- Business & Commercial Transactions
- Privacy and Data Security
- Intellectual Property