I empowered ambition when I assisted a pro bono client to obtain lawful permanent resident status in the United States under the Violence Against Women Act.
The client, a woman in her late thirties, had immigrated to the U.S. in her teens without proper authorization and became trapped in a physically and emotionally abusive relationship with a U.S. citizen with whom she shared two children. For nearly three years, I helped this client navigate United States Citizenship and Immigration Services paperwork and interviews, while simultaneously working to build her confidence in the promise of a brighter future for herself and her children. Ultimately, the adjustment of residency status enabled her to leave her abuser--who could no longer threaten to take her children and have her deported if she went to the police, obtain a rewarding job, and create a safe and loving home of her own.
My Practice Area IS:
I HAVE WORKED WITH:
- An international generics and specialty branded pharmaceutical company.
- Several multinational computer technology companies.
- A famous jewelry designer.
- A regional insurance brokerage and consulting firm.
- Several regional startups.
- A classical-contemporary saxophone quartet.
MY GREATEST STRENGTHS ARE:
- Listening closely and developing a deep understanding of clients’ needs and wants.
- Attention to detail.
- Maintaining a positive outlook in difficult situations.
I WANT YOU TO KNOW:
- Before law school, I was a gubernatorial public analyst with the New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission.
- I began my legal practice as an associate with Dechert LLP, followed by Duane Morris LLP.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME IS:
- I enjoy spending my free time relaxing in the ‘burbs with my fiance and two dogs, practicing yoga, and exploring vintage flea markets.
- I played the flute for many years and used to aspire to be a musician in a Broadway pit orchestra.
- Business, Commercial & Contract Disputes
- Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property
INDUSTRIES OF FOCUS
- Food & Beverage