The Litigation Group always maintains a focus on the business needs and goals of our clients. RCCB’s lawyers are experienced litigators who work with both plaintiffs and defendants, from the initial pleading stage through trial, and, if needed, appeals. We have successfully represented clients in both federal and state courts nationwide. We also often counsel on alternative solutions to disputes, including mediation and arbitration.
Our clients include well-known public companies, established private entities, and startups and investors in business and financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, technology, telecommunication, and transportation. RCCB’s litigation capabilities have been recognized by Chambers USA and World Trademark Review, and our Chair was also named a Super Lawyers Top 100 Attorney in Pennsylvania.
Areas of Focus:
Business and Commercial Litigation
We guide our clients through the full life cycle of prosecuting and defending commercial disputes in state and federal courts.
- Breach of contract
- Partnership disputes
- Breach of shareholder and fiduciary duty
- Real estate
- Unfair trade practices and unfair competition
We represent employers both in the defense of claims brought by employees and the enforcement of employment agreements.
- Harassment and discrimination suits
- Breach of restrictive covenants
Intellectual Property Litigation
Intellectual property can be the most valuable asset of a business. We guide our clients from the preliminary injunction phase through trial and beyond.
- Trademark infringement
- Copyright infringement
- Misappropriation of trade secrets
- False advertising
- Licensing disputes
- Trade dress claims
We provide our regulated clients with counseling at administrative agency proceedings and appellate courts.
- Protests of regulatory certification
- Applications for/expansion of regulatory certification
- Appellate court proceedings
- Change-of-control matters
- Rulemaking matters
We serve our clients as appellate advocates in all aspects of the appellate process involving complex and precedent-setting legal issues.
- Appeals from private arbitration
- Appeals from state-level administrative agencies
- Appeals from state and federal courts
Alternative Dispute Resolution
When the parties have decided traditional litigation does not suit their needs, or they have agreed by contract to handle disputes via arbitration or mediation, we represent both plaintiffs and defendants in alternative dispute resolution.
Bankruptcy alternative dispute resolution
Bankruptcy Courts are increasingly mandating alternative dispute resolution in restructuring cases, and RCCB is well versed in all aspects of ADR.
- We regularly serve as impartial mediators assisting parties embroiled in complex litigation to resolve their differences more efficiently and economically at the mediation table instead of the courtroom.
- RCCB attorneys serve on the mediation panels in the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the District of Delaware.
- Given our experience in serving as mediators, we also regularly serve as counsel to parties in mediations.
RCCB attorneys represent directors, shareholders, creditors, and others in bankruptcy litigation throughout the United States.
- Fraudulent transfers
- Breaches of fiduciary duty
- LBO liability
- Other insolvency-related claims
FINANCIAL SERVICES LITIGATION
We provide counsel to financial services companies, including banks and insurers, in all types of litigation matters, in both state and federal courts.
- Defending against claims brought by borrowers and insureds for, among other things, breach of contract, lender liability and bad faith
- Representing financial services companies in actions asserted on a class-wide basis
- Regularly defending insurers in claims defense, and advising on coverage issues