EducationJ.D., Order of the Coif, magna cum laude, Temple University Beasley School of Law, 2012
M.B.A., Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, 2009
B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, Johns Hopkins University, Writing Seminars, 2006
I empowered a young start-up that received a complex Series A investment proposal from a marquee investor in its industry who had to complete the deal—initial terms to closing—in 10 days.
As is often the case with boot-strapping start-ups, this client was not set up to receive the investment as proposed, but this deal and the partnership it would provide for the client could not be passed up. In a matter of days, I drafted and filed all of the internal corporate recapitalization documents needed to prepare the client for the investment and then drafted and negotiated with the investor’s counsel all of the Series A investment documents needed to close the transaction. The investment and the new relationship with the marquee investor was a success for the client and would have been lost if we had not acted fast and efficiently to address the client’s complex legal issues in a short amount of time.
MY PRACTICE AREa is:
I HAVE WORKED WITH:
- Entrepreneurs and start-ups in a variety of sectors, such as internet technology, healthcare, e-media and e-commerce, consulting, business services and sustainable consumer products.
- Early-stage and emerging companies in capital-raising transactions—from seed rounds to Series C rounds to control investments.
- Middle-market private equity firms and their portfolio companies in numerous M&A transactions, domestic and international, involving preferred equity financing and/or senior secured and mezzanine debt financing.
- Closely-held companies as “outside general counsel” on various commercial and corporate governance matters.
MY GREATEST STRENGTHS ARE:
- Advising clients on their legal issues with a view toward their strategic business objectives.
- Articulating my client’s value proposition in contract negotiations and closing the win-win transaction.
- Problem-solving for the cost-conscious entrepreneur.
- Closing complex M&A, debt financing, and other commercial transactions in a time-efficient manner.
I WANT YOU TO KNOW:
- I am a member of the ACG University Class of 2016.
- I am a published member of the Temple Law Review.
- I was the recipient of the Josef Jaffe Corporate Law Scholarship at Temple Law School.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME IS:
I love spending time with my family and frequently visiting the local establishments of Ambler, PA.
MY PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES ARE:
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth (ACG Philadelphia)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Montgomery County Bar Association
- Member, Sustainable Business Network
Industries of Focus
- Emerging Companies
- Mid-Cap/Middle Market
- Venture Capital
- Private Equity
- Business & Commercial Transactions
- Private Equity & Venture Capital
- Debt & Equity Financing Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- General Business & Corporate Counseling
- Benefit Corporations