EducationThe George Washington University Law School, J.D., with honors, 1996 Member, The George Washington Journal of International Law and Economics
Columbia University, B.A., 1992
Pennsylvania Virginia District of Columbia U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
I empower my clients' ambition every day as an emerging companies lawyer.
Whether it be a graduate student who is passionate about an idea and doesn’t want to go back to Wall Street or a seasoned entrepreneur selling her company in a transaction that needs to close sooner than seems possible, I am passionate about helping entrepreneurs achieve their goals.
On a personal level, I empowered my own ambition when I joined RCCB. Our firm is a growing, dynamic environment that provides a great platform on which to practice law.
My Practice Area Is:
I have worked with:
- The leading investor in one of the largest “daily deal” sites in several rounds of financings.
- An East Coast-based software company acquired by a large public company.
- Many emerging growth companies in angel and venture capital financings and debt financings.
- Numerous venture capital investors in venture capital financings.
- Sell-side and buy-side clients in many M&A transactions.
MY GREATEST STRENGTHS ARE:
- Keeping my sense of humor no matter the situation, in order to help my clients achieve their goals.
- Helping emerging companies with their legal needs when growing their business from an idea to a “real” company.
- Venture capital financings.
I WANT YOU TO KNOW:
- Prior to joining RCCB, I was a partner at the global law firm Duane Morris.
- A few years after I graduated from law school, I co-founded VarsityBooks.com, which became a leading college-oriented e-commerce company with more than 200 employees and an IPO in early 2000.
- Also prior to joining RCCB, I was Vice President & Corporate Counsel at Safeguard Scientifics, Inc., a NYSE-listed company that provides capital to emerging and growth-stage technology and health care companies.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME IS:
I caddied for Bill Clinton’s team in a golf tournament on Martha’s Vineyard.
MY PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES ARE:
Former member of the Board of Directors of the Mid-Atlantic Venture Association
Industries of Focus
- Emerging Companies
- Internet & eCommerce
- HealthCare IT
- Medical Devices & Diagnostics
- Life Sciences
- Family-owned Businesses
- Venture Capital & Private Equity
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Business & Commercial Transactions
- Debt & Equity Financing Transactions
- Business Formation
- Partnerships & LLCs
- Corporate Governance
- Employment & Consulting Agreements
- General Business & Corporate Counseling