Gary S. Kaminsky has over 35 years of experience in legal regulatory compliance, including the past six years in the cannabis industry. He focuses his practice on developing and implementing regulatory enterprise risk management infrastructure for companies investing and operating in the cannabis industry as well as for asset management companies, broker-dealers, and other financial institutions. Most recently, Gary has advised U.S. multi-state operators and other companies across the supply chain in the cannabis industry. He is frequently turned to as an informational resource by state and federal regulators and law enforcement.
Gary currently serves as Chief Regulatory Advisor for the American Trade Association for Cannabis and Hemp, chairing its CBD Task Force, and is a founding member of its Cannabis Beverage and Capital Markets Councils. He frequently writes and speaks on cannabis industry issues.
- Several multi-state cannabis operators
- Cannabis cultivators, processors, and other supply chain participants.
- Cannabis trade associations
- State and federal legislatures and regulators
- Law enforcement
- Asset management companies and broker-dealers
- Securities administrators, custodians and transfer agents
My Greatest Strengths
- My ability to advise clients operating in regulatory intensive industries and navigate complex and sometimes competing regulatory mandates to facilitate lawful execution of their strategies.
- I am an SEC trained attorney with deep securities experience with expertise and industry knowledge in the cannabis space.
- Gary Kaminsky Helps Draft ATACH Policy Paper Demonstrating Why U.S. Cannabis Operators Should Be Listed On Nasdaq and The NYSEFirm News, November 14, 2022
- Firm News, September 2, 2022
- Kaminsky Participates in CANNRA Sponsored Conference as Marijuana Regulators and Stakeholders Discuss Future of Reform and Industry ChallengesFirm News, Marijuana Moment, June 6, 2022
- Neil M. Willner and Gary S. Kaminsky Speak at New Jersey State Bar Association’s 4th Annual Cannabis SymposiumSpeaking Engagement, April 28, 2022
- Cannabis Attorneys Roger J. Braunfeld and Gary S. Kaminsky Discuss Their Careers and the Outlook of the Cannabis IndustryVideo, CityBiz, April 12, 2022
- Media Mention, Law360, February 16, 2022
- Firm News, February 15, 2022
- The Tip of the Spear Piercing the Regulated Cannabis Industry: How Intoxicating Hemp Cannabinoids and the Illicit Market Pose Significant Challenges to the Emerging IndustryPublication, Cannabis Business Executive, April 19, 2022
- Publication, RCCB Cannabis Group Alert, February 25, 2022
- Podcast, March 17, 2022
Videos & Podcasts
- Senior Counsel Gary S. Kaminsky talks to Montel Williams on the Let’s Be Blunt podcastPodcast, March 16, 2022
Community & Professional
Community & Professional
- American Trade Association for Cannabis and Hemp, Chief Regulatory Advisor
- CBD Task Force, Chair
- Cannabis Beverage Council, Founding Member
- Athletes For Care, Board Member
- Bloomberg Alternatives Marketing Council, Founding Board Member
- Carolina Center for Jewish Studies, Founding Board Member