Jakob F. Williams is a member of the Litigation Group, specializing in representing employers facing various challenges, including wage and hour disputes, discrimination, retaliation, whistleblower claims, and other state and federal employment issues. He has a comprehensive background, having represented employers on both sides of the spectrum—as plaintiffs and defendants—in restrictive covenant actions.
A large part of Jakob’s practice involves advising employers on a range of matters, including compliance issues, workplace best practices, employment policies, workplace training, internal investigations, and diversity and equity initiatives. This anticipatory approach not only assists his clients in enhancing their company culture but also ensures that compliance practices are proactively improved, preventing the need for reactive remediation.
- A national pharmaceutical manufacturer
- A telecommunications provider
- A large municipality
- A regional assisted living company
- A national medical billing company
- Local, regional, and international heavy manufacturing firms
- Think tanks and community development organizations
Medical, dental, and surgical practices
- Represented a large municipality in several discrimination suits.
- Represented a healthcare provider in multi-state FLSA class and collective actions.
- Represented a regional healthcare provider in a whistleblower suit for less than 10% of the original demand.
- Conducted a comprehensive internal investigation of a law enforcement agency following complaints of workplace misconduct.
My Greatest Strengths
- I bring a compassionate service-oriented approach to handling client matters to help mitigate the expense and frustration of litigation.
- I like to understand my clients' specific needs and goals to provide the best practical results, in addition to the best legal results.
- I enjoy finding creative solutions to mitigate short and long-term risks.
I WANT YOU TO KNOW
- I work to find pragmatic solutions for each client's specific needs.
- I think lawyers should be civically engaged.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME
- Cooking is one of my greatest passions—I've cooked through Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking—a challenge not for the faint of heart.
- I brew beer, cider, mead, tepache, sima, and just about anything else that will ferment.
- I like to make wooden furniture.
What Drives Me
- The desire to always improve.
- Employment Litigation and Counseling
- Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
- Wage & Hour Class and Collective Actions
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives
Community & Professional
Community & Professional
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Philadelphia LGBT Bar Association
- Mantua Civic Association
J.D., Drexel University's Thomas R. Kline School of Law, 2020
B.S., Michigan Technological University, 2017
- New Jersey
Recipient of the Carl "Tobey" Oxholm Fellowship at the City Law Department, Tax Unit, 2019