Search Publications & Appearances
- Regulation A Offerings: Alternative Real Estate FinancingPublication, May 22, 2023
Real estate deal-making has not been this dampened since the 2008 financial crisis, with ...
Publications & Appearances
Real estate deal-making has not been this dampened since the 2008 financial crisis, with many experts predicting additional headwinds for commercial real estate investors over the coming months. Nevertheless, for those willing to take a different approach to raising capital, new real estate projects can still come to fruition.
- Nancy Rubner Frandsen to Participate in a Panel Discussion on Fraud in Trademark Applications and RegistrationsSpeaking Engagement - Nancy Rubner Frandsen, April 18, 2023
- James Ettelson To Present At NBI Seminar, Land Use and Zoning in Pennsylvania: From Application to AppealSpeaking Engagement - James Ettelson, April 5, 2023
- RCCB's Intellectual Property Group Serves as Faculty for 4 Sessions on IP and Technology Law at the PBI Technology Institute 2023Speaking Engagement - Barry Cohen, Nancy Rubner Frandsen, David Hollander, Jordan Kovnot, Julie Latsko, Stacey Rabbino, Donna Tobin, March 27, 2023
The RCCB IP team presented four sessions during the two-day seminar on March 28 and 29, 2023, covering Technology Contracts, Cannabis Trademarks, Updates from the Bench, and The Trademark Modernization Act.
- Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank Closures; Federal Regulators Announce Plan to Protect Depositors
On Friday, March 10, 2023, the California Department of Financial Protection & Innovation, aided by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (“FDIC”) shuttered Silicon Valley Bank (“SVB”) over concerns surrounding its solvency.
- Publication - Kevin Berry, Barry Cohen, Marc Cytryn, Matthew Faranda-Diedrich, Nancy Rubner Frandsen, Marc Hirschfield, David Hollander, Hope Kildea, Julie Latsko, Sean Litz, Kira Lum, Alexander Nassar, Sonia Shariff, Marc Skapof, Donna Tobin, Joshua Upin, Neil Willner, March 2, 2023
The 2022 Litigation Year in Review highlights some of our Litigation Group's most noteworthy achievements on behalf of our clients.
- Publication - Alexander Nassar, January 11, 2023
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) believes this rule will increase wages by almost $300 billion annually while helping 30 million Americans expand their career opportunities.
- What the General Practitioner Should Know About Trademarks and CopyrightsPublication - 1992
- Publication - Jonathan Grosser, October 10, 2022
This piece highlights the fundamental differences between life sciences leases and commercial leases of other asset classes.
The Delaware Supreme Court’s decision in Stream T.V. Networks, Inc. v. SeeCubic, Inc. ushers in a new era for stockholders’ rights when insolvent corporations restructure outside of conventional bankruptcy proceedings. Though, in theory, these changes seem to further the democratization of corporations, in practice, the decision may impair Delaware corporations and their creditors from effectuating consensual restructurings.
- Marc Hirschfield Participates in Bankruptcy Ethics Panel Discussion at the ABI New York City Bankruptcy ConferenceSpeaking Engagement - Marc Hirschfield, June 10, 2022
The conference is one of the most significant gatherings of insolvency and restructuring professionals in the New York metro area.
- Publication - Sonia Shariff, May 3, 2022
This article talks about the important branding questions business owners should consider before embarking on social media campaigns. Shariff expertly discusses vetting platforms and guidelines for content.
- Publication - Neil Willner, April 21, 2022
This article provides an update on the Tri-State cannabis adult-use license launch dates and the expected outcomes. Willner's expertise guides readers through a complicated industry that became muddy among seemingly contradictory federal and state regulations.
- The Tip of the Spear Piercing the Regulated Cannabis Industry: How Intoxicating Hemp Cannabinoids and the Illicit Market Pose Significant Challenges to the Emerging IndustryPublication - Neil Willner, April 19, 2022
Cannabis Industry policy influencers Gary Kaminsky and Neil M. Willner break down the swirling confusion of the unregulated hemp industry, various cannabinoids sold to consumers, and where the law stands for legalized states and states about to enter legalization.
- Bankruptcy Ethics and the High Cost of Noncompliance: Avoiding Discipline, Disgorgement, Sanctions, or Prison
RCCB Partner Marc E. Hirschfield, and Partner Marc Skapof discuss navigating and avoiding the pitfalls of overlapping ethical professional rules governing legal conduct when dealing with bankruptcy cases. Drawing on their impeccable case history, Hirschfield and Skapof reflect on Chapter 11 cases and offer insightful guidance.
- Publication - March 25, 2022
This article focuses on partnership formation and contributions of property or services for Bloomberg, a distinguished publication highly regarded by accountants and tax attorneys.
- Publication - Neil Willner, February 25, 2022
Cannabis Industry policy influencers Gary Kaminsky and Neil M. Willner discuss the SB 8084 the New York State Legislature passed and what this means for the Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act, and how hemp processors and growers are affected.
- Publication - Barry Cohen, Matthew Faranda-Diedrich, Marc Hirschfield, Julie Latsko, Sean Litz, Alexander Nassar, Sonia Shariff, Marc Skapof, Donna Tobin, Joshua Upin, Neil Willner, February 18, 2022
Our litigation team provides an inside look at our successes, extraordinary accomplishments, and challenges of 2021.
- Minors Loophole: Ambiguity In the Controlled Substances Act Leaves A Pathway for Intoxicating Hemp-Derived CannabinoidsPublication - Neil Willner, February 14, 2022
This article unravels the intricate positions of federal and state regulations regarding hemp-derived cannabinoids in his article appearing in the February 2022 edition of MJBizMagazine.
- Neil Willner to Participate in the New York State Bar Association Cannabis Committee’s Annual ConferenceSpeaking Engagement - Neil Willner, January 26, 2022
- Acting on the Trademark Modernization Act: How the Implementation of the TMA Will Affect Your PracticeSpeaking Engagement - Donna Tobin, December 9, 2021
RCCB Partner Donna Tobin to speak on "Acting on the Trademark Modernization Act: How the implementation of the TMA will affect your practice" during the webinar with Alt Legal.
RCCB Partners Hirschfield and Skapof to speak during the Strafford Webinar presentation "Fraudulent Transfers and the Subsequent Transferee Defense Under the Bankruptcy Code and UFTA/UVTA."