Search Publications & Appearances
- The (Failed) Failing Business Exception: Stockholders’ Right to Vote on Asset TransfersPublication, July 20, 2022
The Delaware Supreme Court’s decision in Stream T.V. Networks, Inc. v. SeeCubic, Inc
Publications & Appearances
- Publication - Jonathan Grosser, October 10, 2022
This piece highlights the fundamental differences between life sciences leases and commercial leases of other asset classes.
The Delaware Supreme Court’s decision in Stream T.V. Networks, Inc. v. SeeCubic, Inc. ushers in a new era for stockholders’ rights when insolvent corporations restructure outside of conventional bankruptcy proceedings. Though, in theory, these changes seem to further the democratization of corporations, in practice, the decision may impair Delaware corporations and their creditors from effectuating consensual restructurings.
- Marc Hirschfield Participates in Bankruptcy Ethics Panel Discussion at the ABI New York City Bankruptcy ConferenceSpeaking Engagement - Marc Hirschfield, June 10, 2022
The conference is one of the most significant gatherings of insolvency and restructuring professionals in the New York metro area.
- Publication - Sonia Shariff, May 3, 2022
This article talks about the important branding questions business owners should consider before embarking on social media campaigns. Shariff expertly discusses vetting platforms and guidelines for content.
- Publication - Neil Willner, April 21, 2022
This article provides an update on the Tri-State cannabis adult-use license launch dates and the expected outcomes. Willner's expertise guides readers through a complicated industry that became muddy among seemingly contradictory federal and state regulations.
- The Tip of the Spear Piercing the Regulated Cannabis Industry: How Intoxicating Hemp Cannabinoids and the Illicit Market Pose Significant Challenges to the Emerging Industry
Cannabis Industry policy influencers Gary Kaminsky and Neil M. Willner break down the swirling confusion of the unregulated hemp industry, various cannabinoids sold to consumers, and where the law stands for legalized states and states about to enter legalization.
- Bankruptcy Ethics and the High Cost of Noncompliance: Avoiding Discipline, Disgorgement, Sanctions, or Prison
RCCB Partner Marc E. Hirschfield, and Partner Marc Skapof discuss navigating and avoiding the pitfalls of overlapping ethical professional rules governing legal conduct when dealing with bankruptcy cases. Drawing on their impeccable case history, Hirschfield and Skapof reflect on Chapter 11 cases and offer insightful guidance.
- Publication - March 25, 2022
This article focuses on partnership formation and contributions of property or services for Bloomberg, a distinguished publication highly regarded by accountants and tax attorneys.
Cannabis Industry policy influencers Gary Kaminsky and Neil M. Willner discuss the SB 8084 the New York State Legislature passed and what this means for the Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act, and how hemp processors and growers are affected.
- Publication - Alexander Nassar, Barry Cohen, Donna Tobin, Joshua Upin, Julie Latsko, Marc Hirschfield, Marc Skapof, Matthew Faranda-Diedrich, Neil Willner, Sarah Kleinman, Sean Litz, Sonia Shariff, February 18, 2022
Our litigation team provides an inside look at our successes, extraordinary accomplishments, and challenges of 2021.
- Minors Loophole: Ambiguity In the Controlled Substances Act Leaves A Pathway for Intoxicating Hemp-Derived CannabinoidsPublication - Neil Willner, February 14, 2022
This article unravels the intricate positions of federal and state regulations regarding hemp-derived cannabinoids in his article appearing in the February 2022 edition of MJBizMagazine.
- Neil Willner to Participate in the New York State Bar Association Cannabis Committee’s Annual ConferenceSpeaking Engagement - Neil Willner, January 26, 2022
- Acting on the Trademark Modernization Act: How the Implementation of the TMA Will Affect Your PracticeSpeaking Engagement - Donna Tobin, December 9, 2021
RCCB Partner Donna Tobin to speak on "Acting on the Trademark Modernization Act: How the implementation of the TMA will affect your practice" during the webinar with Alt Legal.
RCCB Partners Hirschfield and Skapof to speak during the Strafford Webinar presentation "Fraudulent Transfers and the Subsequent Transferee Defense Under the Bankruptcy Code and UFTA/UVTA."
- U.S. Supreme Court - Willfulness Is Not a Prerequisite for a Profit Award for Trademark Infringement
The Supreme Court made clear that a successful trademark plaintiff is not required to establish that the defendant’s infringement was willful to be entitled to an award of the infringer’s profits.
- Publication - Alexander Nassar, August 20, 2021
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 requires employers with group health plans to extend offers of free COBRA continuation coverage (“Free COBRA Coverage”) to certain qualified beneficiaries (i.e., covered employees, their spouses and dependents) for the period from April 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021.
- Publication - Jonathan Grosser, August 20, 2021
Billions of dollars have been invested in cannabis Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT) over the past few years and since late last summer, stocks have been climbing as more and more states legalize adult use medical and recreational cannabis.
This alert highlight various ways in which experienced outside litigation counsel—which many business leaders think of only when a lawsuit is imminent—can actually help quantify, qualify, and mitigate risks well before disputes ever arise.
- Publication - Alexander Nassar, July 2021
The order encourages the FTC to promulgate rules to “curtail the unfair use of non-compete clauses and other clauses or agreements that may unfairly limit worker mobility.”*
A recent ruling by Judge Glenn in the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York shows that notwithstanding the U.S. Supreme Court’s In re Jevic decision,* structured dismissals of chapter 11 cases are still permissible and in some instances more beneficial to creditors than confirmation of a plan or conversion to a chapter 7 liquidation.
- Speaking Engagement - Jonathan Grosser, July 2021
INDIE Confab Philadelphia is an event meant to connect creative provocateurs and disruptors from hotels, F&B, design, and finance and it will provide the attendees with the opportunity to get inspired as it will dive into Philadelphia's unique hospitality scene.
- Speaking Engagement - Barry Cohen, July 2021
INTA’s Law Firm Committee hosted a webcast with attorneys in management positions to discuss the impact of the pandemic on our businesses and offered predictions for what 2021 will be like.
- Publication - June 2021
Being invited to serve on the board of a charity you care about is often a wonderful honor and an exciting opportunity. Nonprofit organizations are well served to include an attorney on the board who can help identify, among other legal threats, potential threats to the organization’s tax exemption.
- Publication - Barry Cohen, June 20, 2021
Companies that provide goods and services within Pennsylvania or to Pennsylvania consumers, would be wise to take heed of a recent widening of Pennsylvania’s consumer protection law.
- Speaking Engagement - James Ettelson, June 9, 2021
Zoning and land use cases are diverse and numerous, and often completely unique to specific circumstances. This comprehensive guide will give you working knowledge of the regulatory framework and practical tips for approval processes.
- As Pressure Mounts on the US to Pass Data Privacy Legislation in 2021, Businesses Should Prepare for Compliance
Global data privacy legislation has steadily advanced over the past several years. One of the most comprehensive and well-known laws is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), governing personal data originating in the European Union, which went into effect in 2018.
- Publication - Marc Skapof, May 2021
In a recent decision, the Delaware Supreme Court ruled that insuring against fraud does not per se violate Delaware public policy and held that the insured’s D&O policy covered claims alleging securities fraud.
- Liquidating Outside of Chapter 11: Considerations for Cannabis and Other Companies Not Eligible for Chapter 11Speaking Engagement - Marc Hirschfield, May 19, 2021
This panel will compare and contrast liquidations and wind-downs under chapter 11, federal and state receiverships, ABCs, and judicial dissolutions. The panelists also will take a look at tools that are available and the risks attendant to each.
- Speaking Engagement - David Gitlin, May 13, 2021
David Gitlin served as a panelist at the Angel Venture Fair which introduces entrepreneurs to Angels, Family Office and Venture Capital Investors.
- Publication - Marc Skapof, May 2021
In a recent decision, the Delaware Supreme Court ruled that insuring against fraud does not per se violate Delaware public policy
- Publication - Donna Tobin, April 2021
A series of recent cases and settlements involving the unauthorized embedding of images into third-party online content have called into question long-held assumptions.
- Spilling the “High Tea” Regarding Employee Mental Health: Royal Tell-All Highlights Potential Employer Risks With Regard to Worker Well-BeingPublication - April 2021
Royal tell-all highlights the potential employer risks with regard to worker well-being.
- Publication - William Duff, March 20, 2021
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 requires employers with group health plans to extend offers of free COBRA continuation coverage.
- Speaking Engagement - Barry Cohen, March 2021
The 15th Pennsylvania Bar IP Institute (Part I) has something for everyone from the novice to the expert.
- Publication - Neil Willner, February 2021
New York is making changes to its proposed legislation and regulations at a fast and furious pace.
- Podcast - Jennifer Tintenfass, February 2021
In this session QOZ attorneys discuss the benefits of OZ’s and how you qualify.
- Publication - Alexander Nassar, Barry Cohen, Donna Tobin, Joshua Upin, Julie Latsko, Marc Hirschfield, Marc Skapof, Matthew Faranda-Diedrich, Sean Litz, Sonia Shariff, February 2021
Highlights of some of our most noteworthy litigation practice achievements in 2020 on behalf of our clients.
- Publication - Jonathan Grosser, February 16, 2021
Medical marijuana dispensaries in Pennsylvania are doing a brisk business. However, this business is not without its risks and challenges.
- Video - Marc Skapof, February 8, 2021
Business Restructuring and Bankruptcy Partner Marc Skapof discusses his career and bankruptcy practice, challenges with the pandemic, trends in bankruptcy for 2021, and his role as the President of the Turnaround Management Association.
- (dis)Harmonization of Marijuana and Hemp: Implications of the USDA and DEA Hemp RulesSpeaking Engagement - Neil Willner, January 2021
An outlook on the New York and Federal Cannabis Laws.
- Publication - Neil Willner, December 2020
New York has released its long-awaited regulations governing the processing and retail sale of hemp-derived cannabinoid products.