You must keep your mind on the objective, not on the obstacle.
Marc B. Cytryn represents management in a broad range of employment litigation matters, including restrictive covenant and trade secrets disputes, employment discrimination cases, class and collective wage and hour actions under the FLSA and equivalent state laws, and union benefit fund and withdrawal liability matters under ERISA. Marc also provides day-to-day counseling to employers on human resources issues, claim avoidance and risk mitigation, and compliance with federal and state employee leave and wage and hour laws. In addition, Marc works hand in hand with employers to assist with employment policy formation and drafting of employment agreements, compensation plans, and severance agreements.
- Human resources managers
- Business owners and corporate officers and directors
- National manufacturers and suppliers
- General contractors and subcontractors in the construction industry
- Pharmaceutical companies
- A multinational company with locations across the Mid-Atlantic
- Companies specializing in solar and energy production
- Large automobile dealerships
- Obtained summary judgment for a Pennsylvania-based business and dismissal of claim brought under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act in federal court.
- Secured a temporary restraining order and final injunction to halt unlawful picketing at a project site on behalf of a large pharmaceutical company.
- Guided a solar contractor through an audit by the New Jersey Department of Labor, Wage & Hour Division, and negotiated a favorable resolution.
- Obtained a favorable settlement, which included post-employment restrictions despite the absence of a written agreement, in trade secret litigation against former employee of telecommunications contractor.
- Defended an HVAC manufacturing company against allegations of disability discrimination and FMLA violations brought by an employee.
Obtained temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction against competitor and former sales representatives of solar company pursuant to the New Jersey Trade Secrets Act.
Obtained dismissal of former employee’s claim for religious discrimination under Title VII on behalf of start-up running company in Virginia federal court.
Negotiated favorable settlement for New Jersey contractor assessed with more than $5.2 million in withdrawal liability under ERISA.
My Greatest Strengths
My ability to recognize and address the unique characteristics of each business when it comes to labor and employment needs.
Planning ahead and identifying issues that may arise down the road while helping businesses mitigate risk and avoid litigation.
Being extremely detail-oriented and understanding that each situation requires a specifically tailored approach.
I WANT YOU TO KNOW
Before joining RCCB, I worked as a labor and employment attorney at a Philadelphia-based firm specializing in construction and corporate law.
While attending Temple Law as a Law Faculty Scholar, I clerked for a prominent employment litigation firm in Philadelphia where I became drawn to the practice area.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME
- I live in Maple Glen, PA with my wife and toddler, and we are constantly trying to find new restaurants in the area.
what drives me
- I take great personal pride in my work and achieving the best possible result for clients in both litigation and counseling matters.
- Employment Litigation and Counseling
- Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
- Wage & Hour Class and Collective Actions
- Business, Commercial, and Contract Disputes
- Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld (RCCB) Announces Fourteen 2022 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars®Firm News, May 26, 2022
- Firm News, March 15, 2022
Community & Professional
Community & Professional
Philadelphia Bar Association
J.D., Temple University Beasley School of Law, 2015
- Law Faculty Merit Scholarship
B.A., manga cum laude, University of Delaware, Political Science, 2012
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U. S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U. S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- New Jersey
- U. S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Labor and Employment Law – Management, 2021 - 2022
Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, Employment & Labor, 2020 - 2022