Barry Cohen focuses his practice on intellectual property litigation, unfair competition, business, commercial and contract disputes, trade secret litigation, employment litigation, technology and internet, and IP licensing. He has proudly represented clients across many industries including technology, food and beverage, software, media, retail, footwear and apparel, entertainment, manufacturing and distribution and transportation.
The world’s largest HR solutions company
An international public logistics company
A leading trade organization representing the IP rights of international software companies
A famous apparel and footwear manufacturer
A regional wire manufacturer and distributor
A national food manufacturer
A renowned national golfing organization
Branded consumer goods companies
A public biotech company
A leading medical publisher
Multi-generational family businesses
Multi-state real estate development companies
Publicly traded Fortune 100 company
- Represented a family office in connection with its $3 million investment in a direct indexing financial services company.
- Represented a network of veterinary hospitals in connection with the purchase of seven veterinary hospitals for approximately $20.5 million and the related $17 million acquisition financing.
My Greatest Strengths
Developing a litigation strategy that maximizes our clients' goals with a detailed understanding of their business.
Quickly understanding and then solving our clients' litigation problems.
Maximizing our clients' litigation positions to achieve their short and long-term goals.
I WANT YOU TO KNOW
I have been appointed Vice Co-Chair of the Trademark Litigation Committee of the Intellectual Property Law Section of the American Bar Association (ABA) for the 2021-2022 term.
I have been ranked by Chambers & Partners as a leading Intellectual Property attorney.
I am ranked AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
I am recognized by the World Trademark Review WTR1000 for enforcement and litigation.
I am recognized by Best Lawyers.
I have been selected by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers every year since 2009, and in 2012 was a Top 100 Attorney in Pennsylvania.
I have been called upon by CNBC to provide commentary on cutting-edge IP issues.
I am a Fellow of the Temple University Academy of Advocacy.
I am a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation.
I serve as an Arbitrator in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania Court
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME
While I can’t believe my twins are already juniors in college, I try to swim and run in hopes of reversing time.
I have a “little brother” from Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Philadelphia, who is a West Point graduate and a current Major with U.S. Army Rangers.
Intellectual Property Litigation
Business, Commercial & Contract Disputes
Trade Secret Litigation
Technology & Internet
Food & beverage
Footwear & apparel
Manufacturing & distribution
- Speaking Engagement, October 10, 2022
- Firm News, October 3, 2022
- Barry Cohen Appointed Vice Chair Of The Trademark Litigation Committee of the Intellectual Property Law Section Of the American Bar Association (ABA-IPL)Firm News, August 29, 2022
- Firm News, August 18, 2022
- Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld (RCCB) Announces Fourteen 2022 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars®Firm News, May 26, 2022
- Firm News, September 1, 2021
- The U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” 2022 Publication Names RCCB for Trademark, Intellectual Property and BankruptcyFirm News, Best Law Firms 2022, August 21, 2021
- Firm News, August 20, 2021
- Barry Cohen Appointed Co-Vice Chair of the Trademark Litigation Committee of the Intellectual Property Law Section of the American Bar Association (ABA)Firm News, August 2, 2021
- Firm News, June 3, 2021
- Firm News, November 11, 2020
- Firm News, November 3, 2020
- Firm News, September 8, 2020
- Firm News, June 8, 2020
- Firm News, March 16, 2020
- Firm News, September 24, 2019
- Firm News, May 21, 2018
- Firm News, February 1, 2018
- Firm News, May 22, 2017
- Firm News, November 7, 2016
- Firm News, April 26, 2016
- Firm News, April 27, 2015
- Publication, RCCB Litigation Alert, February 18, 2022
- Publication, RCCB Litigation Alert, August 2021
- Speaking Engagement, INTA Webinar, July 2021
- Publication, RCCB Litigation Alert, June 20, 2021
- Speaking Engagement, Pennsylvania Bar Institute Webinar, Part I, March 2021
- Publication, RCCB Litigation Alert, February 2021
- Speaking Engagement, ACC Business Skills Institute, September 2019
Community & Professional
Community & Professional
- Trademark Litigation Committee of the Intellectual Property Law Section of the American Bar Association (ABA-IPL)
• Vice Chair, 2022-2023
• Vice Co-Chair, 2021-2022
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Temple University Academy of Advocacy, Fellow
- International Trademark Association – Law Firm Management Subcommittee, Chair. Leadership Development Committee, Past Member
- PA Bar Institue, Intellectual Property Law Institute, Co-Chair
- International Trademark Association – Enforcement Committee, Member
- International Trademark Association, Leadership Meeting, Past Co-Chair
- American Bar Association Intellectual Property Law Section, Past Chair, Trial and Appellate Rules Committee
- American Bar Association Intellectual Property Law Section, Past Chair, Trade Secrets Committee
- AIPPI World IP Congress (Boston 2008) – Member, Host Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association's Intellectual Property Section, Past Chair
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Intellectual Property Advisory Committee, Member
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute, Intellectual Property Committee, Past Chair
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters Association of Philadelphia, Past Board Member
- Temple Inn of Court, Past Barrister
J.D., Temple University School of Law, 1993
B.A., Economics & History, Emory University, 1990
- New York
- New Jersey
Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Intellectual Property, 2021-2023
Chambers USA, Intellectual Property
Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent
World Trademark Review WTR1000, Enforcement and Litigation
Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Intellectual Property, 2009-Present
CNBC Commentary, Cutting-edge IP