Julie Latsko is a member of the litigation group who focuses her practice on intellectual property and complex commercial disputes. In addition to litigation, Julie regularly provides trademark clearance and counseling, as well as general guidance regarding intellectual property portfolio management. Julie has represented clients across many industries, including technology, health care and life sciences, fashion and design, finance, hospitality, food and beverage, and cannabis.
An international generics and specialty branded pharmaceutical company
Several multinational computer technology companies
A famous jewelry designer
A regional insurance brokerage and consulting firm
Several regional startups
A classical-contemporary saxophone quartet
Represented the plaintiff, a major pharmaceutical company, in a five-week-long bench patent trial held in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. After the trial, the Court held that seven defendants’ generic products, as described in their ANDAs, infringed nearly all of our client’s asserted patent claims and that the defendants failed to prove that those infringed claims were invalid. The Court ultimately issued an injunction barring all defendants from selling copies of the plaintiff's highly successful pharmaceutical product.
- Member of a small team representing a timber, pulp, and paper manufacturer that persuaded the U.S. Supreme Court in a 7-1 decision to overturn 100 years of precedent and bar the defense of laches to claims for patent damages.
Represented home-buying company in obtaining dismissal of false advertising, trade libel, and conspiracy claims against it, in excess of $40 million in damages.
Represented a famous jewelry designer in litigation against another famous jewelry designer involving infringement of our client’s trademarks, trade dress, and copyrights.
Represented a regional insurance brokerage and consulting firm in litigation involving former employees’ breach of employment agreements and non-compete agreements.
Represented Philadelphia-based consulting firm in a breach of contract suit against financial technology firm.
My Greatest Strengths
Listening closely and developing a deep understanding of clients’ needs and wants
Attention to detail
Maintaining a positive outlook in difficult situations
I WANT YOU TO KNOW
Before law school, I was a Gubernatorial Public Analyst with the New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission.
I began my legal practice as an associate at Dechert LLP, followed by Duane Morris LLP.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME
I played the flute for many years and used to aspire to be a musician in a Broadway pit orchestra.
What Drives Me
- The desire to achieve creative, comprehensive resolutions to our clients' most complex disputes.
- Business, Commercial, and Contract Disputes
- Commercial Litigation
- Firm News, August 17, 2023
- Firm News, March 23, 2022
- Firm News, September 24, 2019
- Firm News, June 25, 2018
- RCCB's Intellectual Property Group Serves as Faculty for 4 Sessions on IP and Technology Law at the PBI Technology Institute 2023Speaking Engagement, Pennsylvania Bar Institute 2023, March 27, 2023
- Publication, RCCB Litigation Alert, March 2, 2023
- Publication, RCCB Litigation Alert, February 18, 2022
- U.S. Supreme Court - Willfulness Is Not a Prerequisite for a Profit Award for Trademark InfringementPublication, RCCB Intellectual Property Alert, September 2, 2021
- Publication, RCCB Litigation Alert, August 2021
- Publication, RCCB Litigation Alert, February 2021
- Trends in Trade DressSpeaking Engagement, ABA Intellectual Property Webinar, June 2020
- The Best Laid Plans Often Go Awry: Litigation Stories on the Unintended Consequences of ContractsSpeaking Engagement, Association of Corporate Counsel Business Skills CLE Institute, September 2019
- Speaking Engagement, ACC Business Skills Institute, September 2019
Community & Professional
Community & Professional
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- International Trademark Association ("INTA"), Member
- Appointed to INTA Academic Committee for 2022-23 term