- Speaking Engagement - David Gitlin, August 10, 2020
Structured exits mitigate investor risk for investors, while at the same time allowing access to upside results.
- Publication - Alexander Nassar, July 2020
Clear guidance provided by two RCCB Employment Practice Partners in July 2020 regarding businesses re-opening as COVID-19 evolved.
RCCB Partners published an alert on April 9, 2020, to help business owners, independent contractors, and the self-employed understand available COVID-19 loan and grant programs.
- Speaking Engagement - Jonathan Grosser, July 2020
RCCB provides guidance to help you understand factors to consider in reopening the workplace.
RCCB Employment Practice Group reviews the details of federal government programs established to assist businesses, independent contractors, and self-employed during the COVID-19 pandemic. The main programs discussed are the Paycheck Protection Program ("PPP") and the Economic Injury Disaster Loans ("EIDL").
- Speaking Engagement - Jonathan Grosser, July 7, 2020
- Does Green Always Mean Go? What Philadelphia Area Businesses Need to Know About Preparing for Workplace Reopening
- Trends in Trade DressSpeaking Engagement - Julie Latsko, June 2020
- Speaking Engagement - Marc Skapof, June 15, 2020
- Publication - William Duff, June 3, 2020
Employment Practice Group partner writes about the Department of Labor letter and the 401(K) plans of trillions of dollars being infused into investment capital for private equity funds and what that really means for employers and employees.
- The State of the Hemp & CBD IndustrySpeaking Engagement - Neil Willner, May 2020
- Speaking Engagement - Alexander Nassar, May 2020
- PA Governor Wolf’s May 4th Reopening UpdatePublication - Alexander Nassar, May 2020
- What Philadelphia HR Leaders Need to Know About Preparing for Workplace Reopening
RCCB legal team wade through Payment Protection Program ("PPP") established as part of the CARES Act, and the stance of the IRS.
Business Restructuring and Bankruptcy Group partners, provide candid action steps during a Zoom presentation that will address how to protect your business in these challenging times.
- Publication - Donna Tobin, May 21, 2020
Our Intellectual Property partner provides a detailed update on the rush to trademark COVID-19 items. She discusses single and multi-color product packaging and registration issues circulating in the Federal Circuit and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (T.T.A.B.).
- Cannabis and Covid-19: How a Federally Illegal Drug Continues to Exist as an “Essential Business” at the State LevelSpeaking Engagement - Neil Willner, April 2020
- Screening For COVID-19 and Paid Leave Requirements For Impacted EmployeesPublication - Alexander Nassar, April 2020
- Successful Waiver Request Allows RCCB Client to Re-Open BusinessPublication - Alexander Nassar, April 2020
- Prospective Tax Planning in a Down Economy
- Pennsylvania Issues New Order for Businesses Permitted to Maintain In-Person OperationsPublication - Chase Wright, April 2020
- Publication - Jonathan Grosser, April 2020
Navigating commercial leasing and COVID-19 along with practical tips to guide the cautionary are discussed in this missive.
- COVID-19 Tax Alert
- Publication - Jonathan Grosser, April 2020
It is possible for housing developers to find welcome debt relief in federally-sponsored housing programs during the COVID-19 pandemic. We provide the tools to decipher these complicated programs intended to assist private lenders, developers, and tenants.
- Publication - Chase Wright, April 6, 2020
Up-to-the-minute advice is provided on how businesses can protect servers and databases with telecommuting and work-from-home situations as "shelter-in-place" orders are issued. Additional discussion and recommendations on phishing and cyber-attacks to assist businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Navigating Troubled Waters, The Challenges Faced by Lenders and Borrowers During the COVID-19 Crisis
During these unprecedented times of Covid-19, our NY Super Lawyers dispel fear by maneuvering federal red tape and explaining the processes needed for business survival.
- FDA Report Brings Hope for CBD Dietary SupplementsNeil Willner, March 2020
- The Empire State of Cannabis: A look into the Future of New York Cannabis RegulationSpeaking Engagement - Neil Willner, March 2020
- COVID-19 Crisis: Ensuring Your Estate Planning is in OrderPublication - Melissa Paszamant, March 2020
- Opportunity Zone Latest DevelopmentsPodcast - Leila Vaughan, March 2020
- Qualified Opportunity Zones: What You Need to Know About Investing in the ZonePodcast - Leila Vaughan, February 2020
- Publication - David Gitlin, January 28, 2020
An in-depth look at developing business deals with Israel, a modernization leader.
- Nuts and Bolts of Opportunity Zones and Qualified Opportunity FundsSpeaking Engagement - Leila Vaughan, January 2020
- Common and Complex Case Studies and Real-World Issues With Opportunity Zones as Qualified Opportunity FundsSpeaking Engagement - Leila Vaughan, January 2020
- Remedies to Resolve Property Line ProblemsSpeaking Engagement - James Ettelson, December 11, 2019
The "Remedies to Resolve Property Line Problems" is an informative course presented by RCCB Senior Counsel James Ettelson. Throughout the program, Ettelson discusses boundary line agreements, the grant of easement, variance, trespass action to try title, and more.
- Understanding the Development and Utilization of the Comprehensive PlanSpeaking Engagement - James Ettelson, October 30, 2019
- Clear as Mud: The 2018 Farm Bill, the FDA and Uncertainty of Entering the Hemp SpaceSpeaking Engagement - Neil Willner, October 2019
- Where Do We Stand on Qualified Opportunity FundsSpeaking Engagement - Leila Vaughan, October 2019
The 30th Annual Philadelphia Tax Conference, sponsored by the ABA Tax Section meetings are great ways to get connected, educated, and stay updated on all things tax-related.
- Publication - Chase Wright, October 15, 2019
After a lengthy refinement, the California Governor finalized amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Detailed is a synopsis of the legislation changes and what it means to businesses and employees.
- The Best Laid Plans Often Go Awry: Litigation Stories on the Unintended Consequences of ContractsSpeaking Engagement - Julie Latsko, September 2019
- Publication - Chase Wright, September 18, 2019
New Calilfornia legislation to have groundbreaking effects on the sale of Internet of Things (loT) devices resulting in blowback to hundreds of thousands of everyday products.
- The Best Estate and Financial Planning TopicsSpeaking Engagement - Dirk Simpson
- Applying Integrated Estate, Financial and Asset Protection PlanningSpeaking Engagement - Dirk Simpson
- Topic of Geographical IndicationsSpeaking Engagement - Donna Tobin
- Will the DEA’s Marijuana Rulemaking Authority Go Up in Smoke in the Second Circuit?Publication - Neil Willner, July 2019
- Tax Comments on Proposed Regulations Regarding Investments in Qualified Opportunity Funds Under Section 1400Z-2Publication - Leila Vaughan, July 2019
The American Bar Association submitted to the Internal Revenue Service in Washington DC "Comments on Proposed Regulations Regarding Investments in Qualified Opportunity Funds Under Section 1400Z-2" in July 2019 as an update to existing QOZ Tax Comments.
- Speaking Engagement - James Ettelson, July 10, 2019
Boundary Line Agreements, Grant of Easement, Variance, and Trespass Action to Try Title are just some of the topics that James Ettelson delves into during the "Remedies to Resolve Property Line Problems" CLE course.