- Publication - Jonathan Grosser, December 16, 2020
Philadelphia City Council passed several bills which will have a direct impact on the real estate development community.
Most commercial leases allow the landlord to pursue all default remedies on a concurrent and cumulative basis. However, this is not always permitted under law.
SEC exemption from broker-dealer registration may make it easier for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Publication - Neil Willner, November 2020
Although opportunities in the marijuana industry abound, those evaluating prospects in Arizona, Montana, New Jersey, and South Dakota must understand not only the criminal risk involved but also the civil and commercial exposure as well.
- Speaking Engagement - Matt Brinker, November 2020
- James Ettelson, October 28, 2020
- Video - Donna Tobin, October 21, 2020
An interview with Trademarks & Copyrights lawyer Donna Tobin, Esq.
- Speaking Engagement - Jonathan Grosser, September 2020
With tight margins, high expenses, and stiff competition, one mistake can mean the difference between success and failure.
- Publication - Adam Grandwetter, Dirk Simpson, Melissa Paszamant, Richard Siegal, Taylor Smith Leslie, 2020
Now is the time to consider strategies that can utilize current estate and gift tax exemptions.
- Working with the Planning Commission and Elected OfficialsSpeaking Engagement - James Ettelson, August 24, 2020
- Thomson Reuters Health Law Handbook 2020 Edition, Medical Marijuana: State and Federal Law Thickets and Practical ImplicationsPublication - Neil Willner, 2020
Co-authoring a chapter in Thompson and Reuters 2020 Edition, Health Law Handbook on "Medical Marijuana: State and Federal Law Thickets and Practical Implications," Willner provides an overview of federal and state guidance and laws.
- Publication - Donna Tobin, 2020
The series is updated annually with summaries of the Trademark Industry in over 200 countries and jurisdictions.
- Speaking Engagement - David Gitlin, August 10, 2020
Structured exits mitigate investor risk for investors, while at the same time allowing access to upside results.
- Publication - Alexander Nassar, July 2020
Clear guidance provided by two RCCB Employment Practice Partners in July 2020 regarding businesses re-opening as COVID-19 evolved.
RCCB Partners published an alert on April 9, 2020, to help business owners, independent contractors, and the self-employed understand available COVID-19 loan and grant programs.
- Speaking Engagement - Jonathan Grosser, July 2020
RCCB provides guidance to help you understand factors to consider in reopening the workplace.
RCCB Employment Practice Group reviews the details of federal government programs established to assist businesses, independent contractors, and self-employed during the COVID-19 pandemic. The main programs discussed are the Paycheck Protection Program ("PPP") and the Economic Injury Disaster Loans ("EIDL").
- Speaking Engagement - Jonathan Grosser, July 7, 2020
- Does Green Always Mean Go? What Philadelphia Area Businesses Need to Know About Preparing for Workplace Reopening
- Trends in Trade DressSpeaking Engagement - Julie Latsko, June 2020
- Speaking Engagement - Marc Skapof, June 15, 2020
- Publication - William Duff, June 3, 2020
Employment Practice Group partner writes about the Department of Labor letter and the 401(K) plans of trillions of dollars being infused into investment capital for private equity funds and what that really means for employers and employees.
- The State of the Hemp & CBD IndustrySpeaking Engagement - Neil Willner, May 2020
- Speaking Engagement - Alexander Nassar, May 2020
- PA Governor Wolf’s May 4th Reopening UpdatePublication - Alexander Nassar, May 2020
- What Philadelphia HR Leaders Need to Know About Preparing for Workplace Reopening
RCCB legal team wade through Payment Protection Program ("PPP") established as part of the CARES Act, and the stance of the IRS.
Business Restructuring and Bankruptcy Group partners, provide candid action steps during a Zoom presentation that will address how to protect your business in these challenging times.
- Publication - Donna Tobin, May 21, 2020
Our Intellectual Property partner provides a detailed update on the rush to trademark COVID-19 items. She discusses single and multi-color product packaging and registration issues circulating in the Federal Circuit and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (T.T.A.B.).
- Cannabis and Covid-19: How a Federally Illegal Drug Continues to Exist as an “Essential Business” at the State LevelSpeaking Engagement - Neil Willner, April 2020
- Screening For COVID-19 and Paid Leave Requirements For Impacted EmployeesPublication - Alexander Nassar, April 2020
- Successful Waiver Request Allows RCCB Client to Re-Open BusinessPublication - Alexander Nassar, April 2020
- Prospective Tax Planning in a Down EconomyPublication - Dustin Covello, April 2020
- Pennsylvania Issues New Order for Businesses Permitted to Maintain In-Person OperationsPublication - Chase Wright, April 2020
- Publication - Jonathan Grosser, April 2020
Navigating commercial leasing and COVID-19 along with practical tips to guide the cautionary are discussed in this missive.
- COVID-19 Tax Alert
- Publication - Jonathan Grosser, April 2020
It is possible for housing developers to find welcome debt relief in federally-sponsored housing programs during the COVID-19 pandemic. We provide the tools to decipher these complicated programs intended to assist private lenders, developers, and tenants.
- Publication - Chase Wright, April 6, 2020
Up-to-the-minute advice is provided on how businesses can protect servers and databases with telecommuting and work-from-home situations as "shelter-in-place" orders are issued. Additional discussion and recommendations on phishing and cyber-attacks to assist businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Navigating Troubled Waters, The Challenges Faced by Lenders and Borrowers During the COVID-19 Crisis
During these unprecedented times of Covid-19, our NY Super Lawyers dispel fear by maneuvering federal red tape and explaining the processes needed for business survival.
- FDA Report Brings Hope for CBD Dietary SupplementsNeil Willner, March 2020
- The Empire State of Cannabis: A look into the Future of New York Cannabis RegulationSpeaking Engagement - Neil Willner, March 2020
- COVID-19 Crisis: Ensuring Your Estate Planning is in OrderPublication - Melissa Paszamant, March 2020
- Opportunity Zone Latest DevelopmentsPodcast - March 2020
- Qualified Opportunity Zones: What You Need to Know About Investing in the ZonePodcast - February 2020
- Publication - David Gitlin, January 28, 2020
An in-depth look at developing business deals with Israel, a modernization leader.
- Nuts and Bolts of Opportunity Zones and Qualified Opportunity FundsSpeaking Engagement - January 2020
- Common and Complex Case Studies and Real-World Issues With Opportunity Zones as Qualified Opportunity FundsSpeaking Engagement - January 2020
- Remedies to Resolve Property Line ProblemsSpeaking Engagement - James Ettelson, December 11, 2019
The "Remedies to Resolve Property Line Problems" is an informative course presented by RCCB Senior Counsel James Ettelson. Throughout the program, Ettelson discusses boundary line agreements, the grant of easement, variance, trespass action to try title, and more.
- Understanding the Development and Utilization of the Comprehensive PlanSpeaking Engagement - James Ettelson, October 30, 2019