- As States and Nations Continue to Enact Comprehensive Data Privacy Legislation, Pressure Mounts on the U.S. to Pass a Competing Federal Law in 2021, and Businesses Should Prepare for Compliance
- U.S. Supreme Court - Willfulness Is Not a Prerequisite for a Profit Award for Trademark Infringement
The Supreme Court made clear that a successful trademark plaintiff is not required to establish that the defendant’s infringement was willful to be entitled to an award of the infringer’s profits.
- Publication - Alexander Nassar, August 20, 2021
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 requires employers with group health plans to extend offers of free COBRA continuation coverage (“Free COBRA Coverage”) to certain qualified beneficiaries (i.e., covered employees, their spouses and dependents) for the period from April 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021.
- Publication - Jonathan Grosser, August 20, 2021
Billions of dollars have been invested in cannabis Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT) over the past few years and since late last summer, stocks have been climbing as more and more states legalize adult use medical and recreational cannabis.
This alert highlight various ways in which experienced outside litigation counsel—which many business leaders think of only when a lawsuit is imminent—can actually help quantify, qualify, and mitigate risks well before disputes ever arise.
- Publication - Alexander Nassar, July 2021
The order encourages the FTC to promulgate rules to “curtail the unfair use of non-compete clauses and other clauses or agreements that may unfairly limit worker mobility.”*
A recent ruling by Judge Glenn in the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York shows that notwithstanding the U.S. Supreme Court’s In re Jevic decision,* structured dismissals of chapter 11 cases are still permissible and in some instances more beneficial to creditors than confirmation of a plan or conversion to a chapter 7 liquidation.
- Speaking Engagement - Jonathan Grosser, July 2021
INDIE Confab Philadelphia is an event meant to connect creative provocateurs and disruptors from hotels, F&B, design, and finance and it will provide the attendees with the opportunity to get inspired as it will dive into Philadelphia's unique hospitality scene.
- Speaking Engagement - Barry Cohen, July 2021
INTA’s Law Firm Committee hosted a webcast with attorneys in management positions to discuss the impact of the pandemic on our businesses and offered predictions for what 2021 will be like.
- Publication - June 2021
Being invited to serve on the board of a charity you care about is often a wonderful honor and an exciting opportunity. Nonprofit organizations are well served to include an attorney on the board who can help identify, among other legal threats, potential threats to the organization’s tax exemption.
- Publication - Barry Cohen, June 20, 2021
Companies that provide goods and services within Pennsylvania or to Pennsylvania consumers, would be wise to take heed of a recent widening of Pennsylvania’s consumer protection law.
- Speaking Engagement - James Ettelson, June 9, 2021
Zoning and land use cases are diverse and numerous, and often completely unique to specific circumstances. This comprehensive guide will give you working knowledge of the regulatory framework and practical tips for approval processes.
- As Pressure Mounts on the US to Pass Data Privacy Legislation in 2021, Businesses Should Prepare for Compliance
Global data privacy legislation has steadily advanced over the past several years. One of the most comprehensive and well-known laws is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), governing personal data originating in the European Union, which went into effect in 2018.
- Publication - Marc Skapof, May 2021
In a recent decision, the Delaware Supreme Court ruled that insuring against fraud does not per se violate Delaware public policy and held that the insured’s D&O policy covered claims alleging securities fraud.
- Liquidating Outside of Chapter 11: Considerations for Cannabis and Other Companies Not Eligible for Chapter 11Speaking Engagement - Marc Hirschfield, May 19, 2021
This panel will compare and contrast liquidations and wind-downs under chapter 11, federal and state receiverships, ABCs, and judicial dissolutions. The panelists also will take a look at tools that are available and the risks attendant to each.
- Speaking Engagement - David Gitlin, May 13, 2021
David Gitlin served as a panelist at the Angel Venture Fair which introduces entrepreneurs to Angels, Family Office and Venture Capital Investors.
- Publication - Marc Skapof, May 2021
In a recent decision, the Delaware Supreme Court ruled that insuring against fraud does not per se violate Delaware public policy
- Publication - Donna Tobin, April 2021
A series of recent cases and settlements involving the unauthorized embedding of images into third-party online content have called into question long-held assumptions.
- Spilling the “High Tea” Regarding Employee Mental Health: Royal Tell-All Highlights Potential Employer Risks With Regard to Worker Well-BeingPublication - April 2021
Royal tell-all highlights the potential employer risks with regard to worker well-being.
- Publication - William Duff, March 20, 2021
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 requires employers with group health plans to extend offers of free COBRA continuation coverage.
- Speaking Engagement - Barry Cohen, March 2021
The 15th Pennsylvania Bar IP Institute (Part I) has something for everyone from the novice to the expert.
- Publication - Neil Willner, February 2021
New York is making changes to its proposed legislation and regulations at a fast and furious pace.
- Podcast - Jennifer Tintenfass, February 2021
In this session QOZ attorneys discuss the benefits of OZ’s and how you qualify.
- Publication - Barry Cohen, Matthew Faranda-Diedrich, Marc Hirschfield, Julie Latsko, Sean Litz, Alexander Nassar, Sonia Shariff, Marc Skapof, Donna Tobin, Joshua Upin, February 2021
Highlights of some of our most noteworthy litigation practice achievements in 2020 on behalf of our clients.
- Publication - Jonathan Grosser, February 16, 2021
Medical marijuana dispensaries in Pennsylvania are doing a brisk business. However, this business is not without its risks and challenges.
- Video - Marc Skapof, February 8, 2021
Business Restructuring and Bankruptcy Partner Marc Skapof discusses his career and bankruptcy practice, challenges with the pandemic, trends in bankruptcy for 2021, and his role as the President of the Turnaround Management Association.
- (dis)Harmonization of Marijuana and Hemp: Implications of the USDA and DEA Hemp RulesSpeaking Engagement - Neil Willner, January 2021
An outlook on the New York and Federal Cannabis Laws.
- Publication - Neil Willner, December 2020
New York has released its long-awaited regulations governing the processing and retail sale of hemp-derived cannabinoid products.
- Publication - Jonathan Grosser, December 16, 2020
Philadelphia City Council passed several bills which will have a direct impact on the real estate development community.
Most commercial leases allow the landlord to pursue all default remedies on a concurrent and cumulative basis. However, this is not always permitted under law.
SEC exemption from broker-dealer registration may make it easier for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Publication - Neil Willner, November 2020
Although opportunities in the marijuana industry abound, those evaluating prospects in Arizona, Montana, New Jersey, and South Dakota must understand not only the criminal risk involved but also the civil and commercial exposure as well.
- Speaking Engagement - Matt Brinker, November 2020
- James Ettelson, October 28, 2020
- Video - Donna Tobin, October 21, 2020
An interview with Trademarks & Copyrights lawyer Donna Tobin, Esq.
- Speaking Engagement - Jonathan Grosser, September 2020
With tight margins, high expenses, and stiff competition, one mistake can mean the difference between success and failure.
Now is the time to consider strategies that can utilize current estate and gift tax exemptions.
- Working with the Planning Commission and Elected OfficialsSpeaking Engagement - James Ettelson, August 24, 2020
- Thomson Reuters Health Law Handbook 2020 Edition, Medical Marijuana: State and Federal Law Thickets and Practical ImplicationsPublication - Neil Willner, 2020
Co-authoring a chapter in Thompson and Reuters 2020 Edition, Health Law Handbook on "Medical Marijuana: State and Federal Law Thickets and Practical Implications," Willner provides an overview of federal and state guidance and laws.
- Publication - Donna Tobin, 2020
The series is updated annually with summaries of the Trademark Industry in over 200 countries and jurisdictions.
- Speaking Engagement - David Gitlin, August 10, 2020
Structured exits mitigate investor risk for investors, while at the same time allowing access to upside results.
- Publication - Alexander Nassar, July 2020
Clear guidance provided by two RCCB Employment Practice Partners in July 2020 regarding businesses re-opening as COVID-19 evolved.
RCCB Partners published an alert on April 9, 2020, to help business owners, independent contractors, and the self-employed understand available COVID-19 loan and grant programs.
- Speaking Engagement - Jonathan Grosser, July 2020
RCCB provides guidance to help you understand factors to consider in reopening the workplace.
RCCB Employment Practice Group reviews the details of federal government programs established to assist businesses, independent contractors, and self-employed during the COVID-19 pandemic. The main programs discussed are the Paycheck Protection Program ("PPP") and the Economic Injury Disaster Loans ("EIDL").
- Speaking Engagement - Jonathan Grosser, July 7, 2020
- Does Green Always Mean Go? What Philadelphia Area Businesses Need to Know About Preparing for Workplace Reopening
- Trends in Trade DressSpeaking Engagement - Julie Latsko, June 2020
- Speaking Engagement - Marc Skapof, June 15, 2020