Sean S. Litz focuses his practice in the areas of commercial litigation and business disputes, concentrating on complex litigation involving construction, real estate, partnership, solar development, transportation, and employment disputes.
One of the world’s largest international trucking logistics companies
- Nation's largest disaster recovery and property restoration company
- Philadelphia area's best-known real estate developers who have built and are building the region's best commercial and residential spaces
- Philadelphia area's most well-recognized tech, life sciences, energy, and internet startups
- Represented an emerging growth food manufacturer in the defense of a breach of contract and trade secret violation case in which the claims against the client were dismissed and paved the way to a multi-million dollar acquisition.
- Co-lead trial counsel representing one of the country’s largest third-party logistic companies in the dismissal of multiple personal injury lawsuits based on federal preemption.
- Lead trial counsel representing a Philadelphia area real estate developer in the defense of multiple lawsuits brought by neighbors of the development site that threatened the completion of the mixed-use project, however, ending with all claims being withdrawn, the construction being permitted and no settlement monies being paid by our client.
- Represented a software industry trade group in its members’ copyright enforcement efforts (which are comprised of the world’s most recognized software companies) and recovered the trade group’s largest settlement at that time.
My Greatest Strengths
Staying focused on what is most important for my clients and not getting distracted by the noise created by the opposing side.
- Negotiation — I negotiate settlements every day, so not only am I skilled in it, but I also enjoy getting the most for my clients.
I WANT YOU TO KNOW
I have been named a Rising Star by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Magazine consecutively from 2017-2021.
I come from a family of lawyers and hope that my children (well, at least one of them) will continue in the Litz tradition.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME
I speak Spanish fluently.
I love family trips to the mountains in the winter; bring on the snow!
What Drives Me
- Hearing from my clients that the sense of justice and satisfaction that I helped secure was worth the twisting and winding road that is litigation.
Real Estate Disputes
- Real estate
Internet & e-Commerce
- Firm News, June 3, 2021
- Firm News, June 8, 2020
- Firm News, May 9, 2019
- Firm News, May 21, 2018
- Firm News, February 6, 2018
- Firm News, May 22, 2017
- Firm News, January 29, 2017
- Firm News, January 13, 2016
- Firm News, January 13, 2015
- Publication, RCCB Litigation Alert, February 18, 2022
- Publication, RCCB Litigation Alert, February 2021
- Publication, Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal, October 26, 2012
Community & Professional
Community & Professional
Mexican Cultural Center, Former Treasurer and Board Member
Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey Super Sunday 2017, Co-Chair
Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyer for the Arts
AlmaLinks (Philadelphia Chapter), Former Co-Director
LL.M., The George Washington University Law School, 2010
J.D., Temple University Beasley School of Law, 2006
- Temple International and Comparative Law Journal, Associate Editor
B.A., magna cum laude, Rutgers University, Political Science, 2003
Third Circuit Court of Appeals
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court of New Jersey
Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2017 - 2021