Joshua T. Gehres focuses his practice on representing privately held companies, private equity and venture capital funds and institutional investors in a variety of business combination and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, various strategic investments and securities matters. He represents publicly traded and privately held companies in asset and equity transactions varying in value up to $1B in multiple industries in both buy and sell-side transactions.
- Portfolio companies and public companies in add-on transactions
- Family-owned companies in sale events
- Companies in cross-border acquisitions in North America
- Represented a portfolio company in numerous HVAC acquisitions ranging from $2M to $20M.
- Represented a private equity fund in a cross-border acquisition of a software company.
- Lead associate on a team representing sellers of multiple industrial companies to a private equity fund for approximately $30M.
- Lead associate on a team representing sellers of a national sushi retailer franchise for approximately $500M.
- Lead associate on a team representing the purchaser in an acquisition of a restaurant franchise and franchisees for approximately $50M.
- Member of a team representing a publicly traded insurance broker in numerous acquisitions ranging from $5M to $200M+.
- Member of a team representing a publicly traded automobile dealership in an acquisition for approximately $1B.
I WANT YOU TO KKNOW
- While studying at Florida State University, I played wide receiver on the football team and was awarded the Golden Torch Award and Matt Schmauch Academic Award.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME
- I have a green thumb and grow vegetables in my hydroponic garden.
- My family and I enjoy exploring and attending watch parties for Chelsea F.C., Florida State and the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- I enjoy spending time out on the golf course or on the basketball court.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Tips for Young Lawyers: “Honest Advice for a New Attorney,” Trial Advocate Quarterly, Volume 36, Number 3, 2017
Community & Professional
Community & Professional
Tampa Heights Civic Association, Board of Directors, 2023
Tampa Bay Businesses for the Culture and Arts, Board of Directors, 2023
Selected for HBCA Bar Leadership Institute, 2017-2018
University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 2016
- Florida Law Review
Florida State University, Master of Business Administration, 2013
Florida State University, B.S., Finance, 2012
- State of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Pennsylvania, anticipated 2024
Best Lawyers Ones to Watch, 2023 - Present