Intellectual Property Litigation ExperiencePrint PDF
- We represented the Plaintiff in a counterfeiting lawsuit in EDPA. Our department acted as lead counsel in aspects. We were successful in obtaining an injunction, an award and an admission of liability. The matter was important in the protection of the client’s marks as part of a nationwide campaign to stem counterfeiting which was costing the client millions of dollars of damages. For this reason obtaining the injunction and admission of liability were critical components.
- This was a case of 1st impression in EDPA involving Section 230 rights. We successfully obtained a Motion to Dismiss on allegations made by a well-known TV news anchor. Plaintiff has appealed and the matter is now pending in the 3rd Cir. RCCB acted as a Local Counsel.
- Filed claim against large domain name registrar on claims of third-party domain name registrations. RCCB acts as local counsel.
We represented defendants in a trademark infringement matter involving software companies. RCCB acted as lead counsel in all aspects. We were successful in our strategy to create an opportunity to settle upon favorable terms while saving the clients significant litigations.
- We represented the Plaintiffs in trademark infringement, copyright infringement and unfair competition against competitors that took our clients' IP. RCCB acted as lead counsel in all aspects. We were successful in resolving all matters through a favorable corporate transaction.
- We represented Plaintiff who owned state TM registrations for cannabis products. The matter was important given the restrictions on cannabis and their inability to litigate in Federal Court. We are lead counsel in all aspects.
- We provided IP licensing advice for third-party products.
- We represented the founder of a well-known punk rock band involving termination of rights under the copyright act that had been granted to a record label. RCCB was lead counsel.
- We represent the defendant against allegations of collective work that were fraudulently obtained. The matter involves the construction of the scope of rights of collective and joint works. RCCB is lead counsel in all aspects.
- Prosecuted claims under the Defend Trade Secrets Act, Pennsylvania Uniform Trade Secrets Act, Delaware Trade Secrets Act, and related claims on behalf of nationwide payroll services, tax, and human resources services provider where the former employee had taken trade secrets and intellectual property including pricing formulas, materials related to the proprietary software service platform, and client and customer specifications to a competitor. Prosecution involved specifically defining trade secrets according to statutory definitions and applicable law while maintaining their confidentiality and security. RCCB was lead counsel.
- Currently assisting a worldwide industrial components manufacturer with developing a comprehensive program to locate, secure, and protect intellectual property (including inventions) and trade secrets. The program involves the formation of protective employment, confidentiality, and intellectual property agreements, implementation of employee training, audits of current intellectual property security practices, and formation of policy documents designed to ensure maximum protection of company assets. RCCB is lead counsel.