Heather R. Badami focuses her practice on corporate and securities law matters. She represents a wide array of public and privately held companies in connection with federal securities, corporate finance, corporate governance, and business matters which benefit from her 25 years of experience.
Publicly traded companies in a variety of industries, such as—life sciences, insurance, energy, electronics, consumer products—regarding securities laws compliance and corporate governance
Biotech and medical device companies—ranging from startup to Fortune 500—handling mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, securities offerings, and general transactions
Manufacturers of electronic components, packaging materials, and clothing—handling compliance matters, capital-raising, and commercial contracts
Private equity firms with respect to their portfolio investments
Startup businesses regarding transactions, corporate governance, and capital-raising
- Represented a public medical device company in connection with its $20 million underwritten registered securities offering and ongoing securities compliance.
- Represented a real estate development company in connection with multiple securities offerings from $3 million to $8 million.
- Represented a strategic buyer in connection with its acquisition of a technology and communications solutions provider for approximately $11 million-plus additional cash and stock earn-out consideration.
- Represented a biotechnology company in its $20 million securities offering.
- Represented a fashion company in its sale to a strategic acquirer through a stock purchase for approximately $2 million.
- Represented a medical devices company in its offering of approximately $5 million in convertible promissory notes.
- Represented a private lender in connection with the formation of a $3 million special purpose fund for professional practice lending activities. Additionally represented the newly formed fund in securing a $5 million warehouse line of credit to leverage its lending activities.
My Greatest Strengths
- Identifying and reducing risk without interfering with the business objectives of my clients.
- Responding to my clients’ needs quickly and efficiently with advice that is practical and easy to understand.
- Knowing my clients and their businesses as a whole in order to provide comprehensive service as part of their teams.
I WANT YOU TO KNOW
- I was formerly a corporate finance and securities partner in the Washington, D.C. office of a large, international law firm.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME
- I find balance in my professional life by teaching weekend yoga classes.
- Corporate Finance Transactions
- Public Offerings and Private Placements
- Federal Securities Laws Compliance
- Business & Commercial Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Licensing & Technology Transactions
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Compliance
- General Business & Corporate Counseling
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1995
B.A., magna cum laude, Wellesley College, 1992
Université Aix-Marseille III/Institut d'Études Politiques, France, 1990-1991
Germantown Academy, 1988
- Washington D.C. (Currently Inactive)