Rachel Rempel concentrates her practice on the representation of condominium associations in a broad range of commercial, tort, licensing, regulatory, and administrative matters. She also represents individuals and entities in business, tax assessment, zoning, and real estate disputes. She regularly counsels on reasonable accommodation requests under the Fair Housing Act; adopting changes to governing documents and due process requirements under the Pennsylvania Uniform Condominium Act; and all stages of the collections process under the Pennsylvania Uniform Condominium Act and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Condominium associations – General Counsel
- Individuals and businesses in real estate, tax assessment, business, and licensing and zoning matters
- Revocable Living Trust in post-arbitration litigation
- Business and non-profit owners in business and tort matters
Serve as General Counsel to local condominium associations in resolving delinquent collection accounts; execute on judgments obtained; facilitate sales of chronically delinquent units; negotiate the termination of service contracts; and counsel boards of directors on issues pertaining to internal governance, compliance with federal, state, and local laws, and inter-resident disputes.
Assist lead counsel in representing non-corporate entity in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and Second Circuit Court of Appeals in multi-million-dollar securities litigation, seeking to overturn an arbitration award rendered under the Federal Arbitration Act.
Represented a national magnetic technology manufacturer in Pennsylvania breach of contract matter, obtaining a $1,100,000 judgment against an international biotechnology company.
Represented individual and corporate clients for real estate market value appeal for tax years 2022 and 2023.
Settled property damage claim against federal agency under the Federal Torts Claims Act.
Represented corporate and individual clients in zoning appeals before the Zoning Board of Adjustment: (1) obtaining use variance; and (2) preventing permit that would extinguish right-of-way easement.
Represent a nonprofit entity in applying for Real Estate Tax Exemption before the Office of Property Assessment for tax year 2024.
My Greatest Strengths
Taking a multidisciplinary approach to problem solving and seeking issues through to completion.
De-escalating conflict by taking an empathetic approach to representation.
I WANT YOU TO KNOW
I am native to and have deep roots in the Philadelphia area, and am committed to passionately advocating for my clients here.
Before joining RCCB, I began my legal career at Fineman, Krekstein & Harris, P.C., where I practiced community association law and commercial litigation.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME
As a first-generation American and attorney, I pride myself on fiercely advocating for my clients, having had to advocate for close family and loved ones from a young age as a result of language and cultural barriers.
I am a native Russian speaker and am fluent in Spanish, which I studied for several years prior to and in which I minored in college.
My most valuable possession, passion, and motivator is my family—natural and chosen.
What Drives Me
- My passion for helping people achieve that which they could not themselves and bettering the lives of those around me.
- Commercial Litigation
- Business Disputes
- Construction Litigation
Insurance Defense Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Tax Assessment Appeals
- Firm News, RCCB, October 2, 2023
J.D., cum laude, Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, 2021
- Drexel Law Review, Volume XIII, Staff Editor
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Anne E. Lazarus of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- Cali Awards for Best Student Performance in International Business Transactions and European Union Data Privacy Law
B.B.A., summa cum laude, Temple University Fox School of Business, 2017
- Fox Honors Program
- Diamond Peer Teacher, Legal and Regulatory Environment of Business
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey