"Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." - Joshua J. Marine
Randi L. Rubin leads the Family Law practice with the primary objective of achieving her clients’ goals with compassion and zealous advocacy. Randi focuses her practice on a wide range of family law matters representing clients in complex custody matters and complicated divorce and support matters. As a seasoned trial lawyer, Randi litigates in courts in Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County in Pennsylvania, and Southern New Jersey. Her clients include business owners, entrepreneurs, and high-net-worth individuals requiring sophisticated advice.
Randi provides timely, responsive, individualized service and takes great strides to explain the legal process and prepare clients for all phases of litigation, court appearances, mediation, and evaluations. Randi exercises strong judgment and utilizes her keen business acumen to identify opportunities to engage in early negotiation and settlement discussions. Adding to her wide range of legal experience, Randi has personally experienced divorce firsthand. As a result, she exudes patience and understanding for her clients’ and their families’ emotional transition.
In addition to her matrimonial practice, Randi is an entrepreneur in the cannabis industry. Randi was a member and contributor to obtaining one of the first dispensary licenses in Pennsylvania in 2017 and is currently a member and investor in a dispensary in New Jersey.
Before concentrating her practice in family law, Randi practiced commercial litigation focusing on disputes and transactions involving real estate and finance, intellectual property, shareholder disputes and business divorce, trade secrets, and employment law. Her diverse and extensive litigation skills outside of family law provide her clients with the added benefit of an experienced trial lawyer who understands a variety of complex businesses, their corporate and financial structures, tax implications, and the economic effects of divorce.
- Equitable distribution
- Protection from abuse and premarital counseling
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
My Greatest Strengths
- Grit and ability to connect with clients and anticipate their needs
- Instincts and judgment to develop a creative strategy in the litigation process that is practical and result-driven
- Communicating legal issues effectively and in a manner that is understandable
I want you to know
- My greatest accomplishment is being a mom to my two children, who are now in college, being a dog mom to my 12-year-old Rottweiler, and having a positive co-parenting relationship with my ex-husband.
- I began my legal career almost 24 years ago and became a partner at Klehr Harrison Harvey Branzburg LLP.
- I served as General Counsel of an artificial turf company where I was responsible for the company’s legal affairs, including negotiating and drafting contracts, managing litigation and outside counsel, and enforcing the company’s intellectual property rights.
what makes me uniquely me
- I am amicably divorced and maintain good relations with my children’s father. I believe our children and the grown-ups are better for it.
- When I am not helping my clients, I am at the beach, traveling, attending concerts, or PSU Football games and Philadelphia sporting events.
what drives me
- Relentless positivity – it's the key to success
- Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld (RCCB) Announces Fourteen 2022 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars®Firm News, May 26, 2022
- Firm News, May 9, 2022
- Philadelphia’s Legal Eagles, Philadelphia Style, December 2021
- Dynamic Women of Philadelphia, Philadelphia Style, September 2018
- Two’s Company, Three’s a Crowd - Third Parties in Family Law Matters, Montgomery Bar Association Family Law Section, presenter, November 2, 2022
- Pandemic-proof Family Lawyers, Suburban Life Magazine, December 2020
A Balanced Approach, Suburban Life Magazine, July 2020
- Real Divorce Talk: The Rise of Domestic Violence During The COVID-19 Crisis, Dr. Sue and You Show, April 30, 2020
The Upside of Divorce and Custody During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Dr. Sue and You Show, April 2, 2020
PA Medical Marijuana Act: The Roll Out and What the Future Holds, CLE Program, Delaware Valley Legal Expo & CLE Symposium, November 1, 2019
Hot Tips in Divorce, Dr. Sue and You Show, April 4, 2019
Medical Marijuana: Keeping Your Custody Case Out of the Weeds, Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Family Law Winter Meeting, January 2019
- Marijuana’s Role in Child-Custody Cases, The Legal Intelligencer, July 14, 2015
- One Hot Summer: Seasonable Issues Impacting Your Family Law Practice, Family Law Section of the Montgomery Bar Association Presentation, June 3, 2015
- Make Sure Prenup Terms are Clearly Defined, Family Law Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association Presentation, Philadelphia Bar Reporter, Vol. 44, No. 6, June 2015 and Family Law Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association Presentation, May 4, 2015
Business Evaluations and the Negative Marital Estate, Philadelphia Bar Association’s Family Law Section podcast, May 7, 2013
- Ask The Expert, Philadelphia Wedding, Spring/Summer 2015
Superior Court Mandates Trial Court To Provide Independent Judicial Analysis of Section 5328(a) Custody Factors In Custody Modification and Relocation Case, PBA Family Lawyer, Vol. 36, No. 2, June 2014
- I saw Mommy Kissing Lou From Accounting: Office Parties and Cheating, Philadelphia Business Journal, December 11, 2012
- Putting Children First: The Best Gift Divorced Parents Can Give Their Children This Holiday Season, The Huffington Post, November 20, 2012
PreNup: Is It For You?, co-authored with David Steerman, prettypearbride.com, Fall 2012
What a Business-Owner Bride Should Know Before Tying the Knot, Philadelphia Magazine Wedding Blog, July 2012
Do Kids Cause Divorce?, Philadelphia Magazine, August 2010
In a Down Economy, Some Firms See Uptick in Family Law, The Legal Intelligencer, July 2010
- Facebook Crawls in Courtroom Walls, Temple Law Alumni Association’s Ethics CLE, June 2013
- Interview on Halle Berry Relocation Case, Fox News, Mike Jerrick, April 2013
- Interview on Cohabitation Agreements, Fox News, Jennaphr Frederick, May 2010
Interview on the Pros and Cons of Prenuptial Agreement, Fox News, Jennaphr Frederick, March 2010
A House Not Yet Divided, Philadelphia Magazine, December 2009
The Warsaw Convention: Putting a Price on Life, Temple International and Comparative Law Journal, Vol. 12:1, 1998
Community & Professional
Community & Professional
American, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia and Montgomery County Bar Associations Family Law Section, Member
Bench Bar Executive Committee (2021-Present); Chair Unauthorized Practice of Law (2022); Friend of the Court (2022); Women in law Committee (2021-Present); Law and Civic Committee (2018-Present); Bench Bar Committee and Child Advocates Committee (2010-Present); Chair Custody Committee (2014); Toby Dickman Seminar (2012), Montgomery County Bar Association, Member
Family Law Section of the Philadelphia County Bar Association (2014-Present), Executive Committee Member (2017-Present); Past Chair (2020); Vice Chair (2019); Treasurer (2018); Secretary (2017), Co-Chair, Equitable Distribution Committee (2011-2014)
Nicholas A. Cipriani Family Law American Inn of Court (2012-2014), Member
Doris Jonas Freed American Inn of Court (2013-2015), Member
Homeless Advocacy Project (2003-2009), Board Member; Volunteer and Fundraising Committee, (1993-2011)
Volunteers for the Indigent Program (1998-2000), Volunteer and Large Firm Representative
Judge of Elections, Middle 3 District, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania (2005-2009)
Whitemarsh Township Zoning Hearing Board (2006-present), Alternate Member
Fashion Group International, Philadelphia Chapter (2011-2012), Board Member
J.D., Temple University Beasley School of Law, 1998
B.A., Pennsylvania State University, 1990
- New Jersey
Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Family Law, 2020-Present
Avvo Top-Rated Lawyer, 2016-2022
Suburban Life Top Attorney, 2016-2020
Harriett Robinson Gillock Memorial Award
National Association of Women Lawyers Outstanding Law Graduate Award