Tim Levy is the Vice Chair of the Corporate & Business Group. He focuses his practice on representing emerging and middle-market technology and healthcare companies, as well as investors in venture capital, private equity, and mergers and acquisitions transactions. Tim brings decades of experience as an attorney counseling entrepreneurs, investors, and executives in addition to holding various C-level executive roles. Earlier in his career, Tim served as Vice President and Corporate Counsel of Safeguard Scientifics, Inc., a provider of capital to emerging and growth-stage healthcare and technology companies. Tim is also a successful entrepreneur, having co-founded two companies, VarsityBooks.com Inc., and The K-12 Group, Inc.
- Leading mission-driven personal care brand in several rounds of financings, including a growth equity transaction with a large private equity fund
- Leading ergonomic office and innovative gaming products manufacturer in its acquisition by a strategic private-equity-backed acquirer
- National, private-equity-backed auto body and glass company in a series of nationwide acquisitions
- Emerging growth companies in angel and venture capital financings and debt financings
- Numerous venture capital investors in venture capital financings
- Sell-side and buy-side clients in many M&A transactions
- Represented a robotics company in a $10 million equity financing.
- Represented a technology-enabled insurance company in connection with an aggregate of approximately $15 million in equity and debt financings.
- Represented a technology company in the logistics industry in connection with an aggregate of approximately $20 million in equity and debt financings.
- Represented a company providing data labeling and AI technology testing for government and commercial clients in equity and debt financings.
- Represented a FinTech company in connection with an aggregate of approximately $2.5 million in Series A and Series A-1 financings.
- Represented a Blockchain software company in connection with a $3 million Series Seed financing.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with a series of equity and debt investments in a real estate technology company in the aggregate amount in excess of $60 million.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with a debt facility and equity investment in an automobile financing company in excess of $50 million.
- Represented a venture capital fund in connection with a $4.5 million Series A financing of a HealthCare IT company.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with a series of equity investments in a motorcycle leasing company in the aggregate amount of $4 million.
Private Equity and M & A
- Represented a leading mission-driven personal care brand in a growth equity transaction with a large private equity fund.
- Represented a leading ergonomic office and innovative gaming products manufacturer in its acquisition by a strategic private equity-backed acquirer.
- Represented an East-Coast-based heating and air conditioning company in its acquisition by a private equity-backed portfolio company.
- Represented a technology-enabled consulting company in the acquisition of its equity by a private equity fund.
- Represented a Finnish development platform company in its acquisition by a private equity fund.
- Represented a national, private equity-backed auto body and glass company in a series of nationwide acquisitions with an aggregate value of approximately $200 million.
- Represented a healthcare company in connection with a leveraged buy-out of the company by a private equity buyer, where the company’s enterprise value was approximately $66.5 million. In connection with the leveraged buy-out, advised the company on its new syndicated senior secured credit facility in the amount of $38.5 million.
- Represented a private, Philadelphia-based software company in connection with its stock sale to a strategic buyer for approximately $8 million.
- Represented a FinTech company in connection with its sale to a strategic buyer where the company’s enterprise value was $7 million.
- Represented a healthcare services company in connection with its sale to a search fund-backed buyer for approximately $6.85 million-plus rollover equity.
My Greatest Strengths
Keeping my sense of humor no matter the situation, in order to help my clients achieve their goals.
Helping emerging companies with their legal needs when growing their business from an idea to a “real” company.
Venture capital financings.
I WANT YOU TO KNOW
Prior to joining RCCB, I was a partner at the global law firm Duane Morris.
A few years after I graduated from law school, I co-founded VarsityBooks.com, which became a leading college-oriented eCommerce company with more than 200 employees and an IPO in early 2000.
Also prior to joining RCCB, I was Vice President & Corporate Counsel at Safeguard Scientifics, Inc., an NYSE-listed company that provides capital to emerging and growth-stage technology and health care companies.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME
- I caddied for Bill Clinton’s team in a golf tournament on Martha’s Vineyard.
What Drives Me
- Whether it be a graduate student who is passionate about an idea and doesn’t want to go back to Wall Street or a seasoned entrepreneur selling their company in a transaction that needs to close sooner than seems possible, I am passionate about helping entrepreneurs achieve their goals.
Venture Capital & Private Equity
Mergers & Acquisitions
Business & Commercial Transactions
Debt & Equity Financing Transactions
Partnerships & LLCs
Employment & Consulting Agreements
General Business & Corporate Counseling
Internet & eCommerce
Medical devices & diagnostics
- April 1, 2022
- Firm News, September 9, 2021
- Firm News, September 19, 2019
- Firm News, February 25, 2019
- Firm News, May 24, 2016
- Coffee & CapitalSpeaking Engagement, University City Science Center, February 16, 2016
- Event, Philadelphia Science Center, April 6, 2022
Community & Professional
Community & Professional
Mid-Atlantic Venture Association, Former member of the Board of Directors
- Judicial Clerkship for the Honorable William A. Dreier, Presiding Judge, New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division, 1996-1997
J.D., With Honors, The George Washington University Law School, 1996
- The George Washington Journal of International Law and Economics, member
B.A., Columbia University, 1992
District of Columbia
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey