"David is without a doubt the best lawyer I have had the privilege to work with. His commitment to you and his problem-solving skills are unparalleled. It is truly an honor to have gotten to know him and work with him!" - Luke Drayer, Founder and CEO of Drayer Physical Therapy, LLC (DPTI)
David S. Antzis brings to the firm more than forty years of experience in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance. He has represented clients across a wide range of industries throughout his renowned career, with particular emphasis on entrepreneurial healthcare businesses and life sciences companies.
David started his career with an Am Law 200 firm. He served as their Managing Partner from 2006-2013 where he led their expansion into Washington, D.C., Boston and Pittsburgh. Throughout his notable tenure, he was also Chair of the Business Department and held other firm management positions before ascending to Managing Partner. At the time of his departure to RCCB, David was co-chair of the firm's Mergers and Acquisitions practice.
Entrepreneurial healthcare companies in the senior care and physical therapy fields
Serial acquirers in a variety of industries
A multi-national diversified manufacturing public company headquartered in the U.K.
Start-ups in all aspects of their financing and growth
Successful company owners who become angel investors after their company exits
Family businesses pursuing both growth and succession planning
- Represented a global provider of technology-enabled, on-demand interpretation services, in a growth investment valued at $37+ million from a private investment and the related restructuring.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in two co-promotion arrangements and numerous independent salesforce arrangements for what was then the world’s best-selling pharmaceutical product.
- Represented a company in its sale of skilled nursing facilities to two public REITs and its sale of assisted living facilities to a private equity fund for a total transaction value of approximately $284 million, then handled a number of acquisitions for the assisted living operation and its ultimate sale to a public REIT for $600 million in cash.
- Represented the founders of an outpatient physical therapy company and handled numerous acquisitions for its growth to several hundred centers, during which it first sold a majority of its equity to a private equity fund in a transaction valued at approximately $80 million, then four years later a sale of additional equity to another private equity fund in a transaction valuing the company at approximately $254 million, and then ultimately represented the founders/management group in the merger of the client into a public company.
- Represented a payroll processing company in a sale of a majority of its equity with an enterprise value of $160 million to a private equity firm and also represented the management team receiving about 20% of the company in roll-over equity plus additional incentive LLC units.
- Handled the going-private transaction for a public convenience store company and subsequent sale of all assets of the company.
- Represented a wealth management firm in its merger with the country’s largest public wealth management organization.
- Represented a U.K. company in a joint venture with U.S. packaging and marketing companies to bring a consumer product into the United States.
My Greatest Strengths
- Listening first to my clients.
- Being a dealmaker rather than a dealbreaker.
- Strong advocacy while remaining calm and not alienating counterparties to a transaction.
- Contributing business judgment as part of my legal advice.
I WANT YOU TO KNOW
I was the Co-Chair of my prior firm’s M&A practice group.
I served eight years as Managing Partner of my prior Am Law 200 firm, and I was one of just a few members to serve two terms on its Executive Committee.
I was recognized as one of the top attorneys in the country among an elite group of 24 Mergers & Acquisitions attorneys named to the BTI Client Service All-Star Team, a list that reflects the results of an annual survey of general counsels released by the respected BTI Consulting Group. I was one of 307 attorneys named nationwide as a BTI Client Service All-Star, and for the M&A recognition, I was the only attorney in Pennsylvania named to the list.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME
I was the two-year captain of my high school tennis team and still play singles several times each week.
I am a math geek and self-taught duplicate bridge player.
The medical gene skipped my generation – my father and uncle were medical professionals, and my son is a fourth-year medical resident at Thomas Jefferson University.
What Drives Me
- Many of my clients have become my friends, and rely on my business and legal judgment. I joined RCCB to continue my career and thereby be able to continue serving these friends. I have been very fortunate in life and want to “give back” to my community, and have recently spearheaded a campaign that has raised $625,000 to date for organizations that support the food insecure.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Restructuring
- General Business and Corporate Counseling
Cooperative buying groups for independent building materials, lumber mill, hardware and grocery dealers
- Media Mention, The Legal Intelligencer, June 19, 2022
- Partner David S. Antzis Named Unsung Heroes Honoree by The Legal Intelligencer 2022 Professional Excellence AwardsFirm News, May 6, 2022
- Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld LLC and Partner David Antzis Launch Justice for the Hungry Challenge for Pennsylvania-Based Lawyers and Law FirmsFirm News, Cision PRWeb, Spring 2021
- Firm News, November 2, 2020
- Publication, Food and Drug Law Institute, August 2001
Community & Professional
Community & Professional
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and American Bar Associations, Member
- CEO Council for Growth, Member
A part of Select Greater Philadelphia and consists of regional business executives who promote the economic development of the greater Philadelphia region.
Finance Committee of a religious organization, Chair
- Satell Institute, Member
Satell Members are leaders of an organization that has agreed to contribute at least $100,000 over four years to a non-profit.
J.D., cum laude, University of Pennsylvania School of Law, 1978
B.A., With Highest Honors, Brown University, 1975
BTI Client Service All-Star Team, Mergers & Acquisitions
The Legal Intelligencer 2022 Professional Excellence Awards, Unsung Heroes Honoree