“I would like to be remembered as someone who used whatever talent she had to do her work to the very best of her ability.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Kira Lum represents entrepreneurs, enterprises, and governmental entities in a range of litigation matters, ranging from commercial disputes to complex issues of first impression. She counsels clients, drawing on her broad litigation experience in real estate, insurance, intellectual property, environmental regulation, charter school law, due process, and the First Amendment. Kira has handled responses to government inquiries and has conducted internal investigations. Kira also guides businesses on emerging regulatory issues and risk avoidance.
- Publicly-traded companies, emerging companies, and entrepreneurs
- Charter and cyber charter schools
- One of the world's largest restaurant chains
- Digital content creators
- Non-profit corporations
- Healthcare entities and medical device companies
My Greatest Strengths
- Coming up with creative answers to complex or novel issues.
- Giving practical and focused guidance through the challenging process of litigation.
I want you to know
- I was recognized on the Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch List for 2022, Philadelphia, Corporate Governance.
- I began my career at a prominent national law firm.
- I take pride in finding solutions that avoid litigation when it is not in a client's best interest.
- I had the opportunity to intern with the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
what makes me uniquely me
- In my downtime, I Livestream while doing illustrations and painting watercolors.
- I am passionate about renewable energy and green entrepreneurship.
- I used to regularly perform classical Japanese dance and can speak Japanese conversationally.
- I am a fourth-generation Chinese-American and descendant of an American Revolutionary soldier.
What drives me
- Getting the right and best answer for my client.
- General Business & Corporate Counseling
- Bars and restaurants
- Mid Cap/middle market
- Financial services
- Medical and professional services
- Speaking Engagement, October 10, 2022
- Firm News, October 3, 2022
- Firm News, August 18, 2022
- Firm News, April 19, 2022
Community & Professional
Community & Professional
- Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Art, Exhibitions Committee Member
- Asian Pacific Bar Association of Pennsylvania (APABA-PA), Member
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Member
- Legal extern to The Honorable
J.D., Cornell Law School, 2015
- Cornell Journal of Law and Public Policy, Managing Editor
- Lambda Law Association
- Cornell Advocates for Human Rights, 1L & 3L Representative
B.A., cum laude, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Art History, East Asian Languages, 2008
Best Lawyers in America: Ones To Watch, Corporate Governance and Compliance Law, 2022-2023