"What you do has far greater impact than what you say." - Stephen Covey
Marjorie E. Gallagher focuses her practice in trusts and estates as a member of the Private Client Services Group. She represents high-net-worth individuals, business owners, families and fiduciaries in a wide array of matters involving estate and tax planning, business succession planning and estate and trust administration. In particular, she helps individuals and families in the preservation and transfer of wealth by creating estate plans that secures their wealth for future generations. She advises trustees in their administration of trusts, including amending, decanting, merging and dividing irrevocable trusts.
Complex Gift, Estate and Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax Planning
Wills, Powers of Attorney, and Living Wills
Life Insurance Trusts
Estate and Trust Administration
Business Succession Planning
My Greatest Strengths
Getting to know each client to better understand family dynamics to provide creative estate planning solutions.
Enthusiasm about my work, clients and colleagues.
Providing support to clients through estate administration following the passing of a loved one.
I WANT YOU TO KNOW
I started my career at a tax boutique firm in South Florida before moving back to Philadelphia.
I was named a Super Lawyer “Rising Star” in 2020 – 2022 for Estate Planning and Probate.
I was named a top lawyer in The Best Lawyers in America in 2020 and 2021.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME
- I studied Latin, Arabic and Ancient Greek in college.
- I am a native Floridian who loves the snow and skiing.
- When I’m not in the office, I enjoy playing with my Airedale terrier, spending time with my family and practicing yoga.
- Firm News, August 18, 2022
- Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld (RCCB) Announces Fourteen 2022 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars®Firm News, May 26, 2022
- Firm News, March 1, 2022
- Firm News, August 20, 2021
- The Florida Digital Assets Act – Ethical Issues in Representing Spouses in the Brave New Digital WorldPublication, ActionLine, Florida Bar Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section, Winter, 2017
Community & Professional
Community & Professional
Philadelphia Bar Association – Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
Philadelphia Estate Planning Council, Member
Florida Bar Association, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section, Member
LL.M., The University of Florida, 2015
- Florida Tax Review, Editor
J.D., Temple University Beasley College of Law, 2014
- Temple International and Comparative Law Journal, Research Editor
B.A., Northwestern University, 2010
Best Lawyers in America, Trusts & Estates, 2020-2023
Super Lawyers, Rising Star, for Estate Planning and Probate, 2020 – 2022