Michael Goldberg focuses his practice on real estate, corporate and business, and cannabis matters. His areas of concentration are mergers & acquisitions, commercial leases, business formation, commercial real estate transactions, private equity financing, real estate financing, commercial & residential development, and corporate counseling. Michael represents clients across many industries including hospitality, real estate, family-owned businesses, commercial finance, and cannabis.
- Optometry vertical in connection with its capital raising and acquisitions of middle market optometry practices and corporate governance
Numerous successful restaurateurs and brewery owners in capital-raising transactions, acquisitions, real estate leases and purchase agreements, and partnership agreements
Several private commercial real estate lenders, in hard money loan transactions and loan modifications
Numerous privately held companies in the negotiation of commercial leases for retail, office, and warehouse space
Several developers and high-end custom home builders in land purchase transactions, custom build contract negotiations, and disputes
Several regional automotive wholesale distribution companies in acquisitions, business agreements, and corporate documents
- Represented a healthcare technology company in its strategic sale to a large international conglomerate for cash consideration in excess of $140 million.
- Represented a financial technology and services firm in a carve-out sale of its regulatory reporting and risk management business units to a global provider of financial services solutions for consideration in excess of $10 million.
- Represented the founder of an RFID solutions provider in connection with an asset sale valued at approximately $6.8 million.
- Represented the founder of an FDA regulatory compliance consulting company in connection with an equity sale valued at approximately $5 million
- Represented an advisory services company in connection with its acquisition restructuring and financing of three companies engaged in environmental consulting services for wetland construction, enhancement and preservation, and engineering consulting services for the solid waste and energy industries, for an aggregate purchase price of approximately $9.75 million.
- Represented a national auto body and glass company in connection with the company’s purchase of substantially all of the assets of an Indiana-based auto body and repair business for approximately $22 million.
- Represented a digital data and analytics consulting company in connection with a combination sale and contribution of substantially all of its assets, for an aggregate purchase price of approximately $2.5 million.
- Represented an online content logistics company in connection with its approximately $3.5 million preferred stock offering.
- Represented a family office in connection with its $2.5 million Series A investment in a specialty luxury food company.
- Represented the founders of a hospice care center in connection with the sale of the business for approximately $2.3 million.
- Represented a Maryland-based restaurant group in the closing of a $9 million multiple credit facility, including mortgage loans, term loans, and lines of credit.
- Represented the seller, a technology company, in a cash-out merger in excess of $100 million to an international buyer.
- Represented the seller in the sale of the company for more than $50 million to a private equity buyer.
- Represented private lender in various professional practice loans and the formation of a private investment fund to invest in professional practice loans.
- Represented a national auto body and glass company in connection with its strategic acquisition of a California-based auto body and repair business (including 39 locations throughout the state) for approximately $140 million.
- Represented a private regional accounting firm in its acquisition by a global business advisory firm.
- Represented a local car dealership in connection with the dealership's sale of substantially all of its assets.
- Handled all real estate aspects of a private-equity-backed national courier and logistics company in connection with its strategic acquisition of another national courier and logistics company.
- Represented a local golf club in a uniquely structured sale of land and 97 social memberships to residential home builder. Represented affiliate real estate funds in the disposition of office buildings and corporate centers in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Represented a Philadelphia-based real estate developer in connection with the acquisition, development, fund formation, financing and leasing of numerous mixed-use projects in the Northern Liberties section of Philadelphia.
- Represented a real estate investment company in connection with its $47 million purchase and financing of an office building in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Represented a real estate development company in connection with its $3 million securities offering.
My Greatest Strengths
Assisting privately-owned companies with acquisition, real estate, and corporate document drafting and negotiation.
Counseling clients on corporate governance issues.
Assisting clients through tough business decisions which often transcend the legal issues involved in the transaction.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME
- When I am not working, I enjoy nothing more than spending time with my family, whether relaxing at home, finding weekend adventures, or watching live music with my wife.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Commercial Real Estate Transactions
Private Equity Financing
Real Estate Financing
Commercial & Residential Development
- Firm News, September 22, 2021
- Firm News, February 25, 2019
J.D., Widener University School of Law, 2005
B.S., University of Maryland, College Park, 2000