I am especially proud of our amazing team and all that we have accomplished in the last 10 years to empower countless companies, investors and executives.
Neil Cooper is a founding partner of RCCB and the firm’s Executive Partner. Neil focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital, equity and debt financing transactions, licensing and technology transactions, employment and consulting agreements, business and commercial transactions, corporate governance, corporate restructurings, business formation, partnerships and LLCs, general business and corporate counseling, and fund formation. He has proudly represented clients across many industries including technology, software, SaaS, internet and eCommerce, life sciences, clean and alternative energy, middle-market companies, and family-owned businesses.
Many private and public software, internet, and technology companies in a variety of industries – including healthcare, software development, business continuity, automotive, security and energy
Middle market companies in their mergers and acquisitions
Medical device and biotech companies
Alternative energy companies
Start-up and emerging growth companies
Executives within the technology market and beyond
- Represented a large regional accounting firm in its sale to a leading national accounting firm.
- Represented a SaaS company in the automotive industry in its sale valued at approximately $50 million to a private equity backed roll-up of related companies.
Represented a healthcare technology company in its strategic sale to a large international conglomerate for cash consideration in excess of $140 million.
Represented a publicly-traded medical device company in connection with its merger with another public medical device company, resulting in a combined public company with an initial market capitalization of approximately $50 million.
Represented an e-commerce consulting and technology company in its sale to a private equity platform company for cash, earn-out and equity consideration totaling approximately $30 million.
Represented a transportation and logistics company in the oil and gas industry in connection with its approximately $19 million acquisition of a majority interest in a privately-held transportation and logistics company (with an option to buy out the remaining interest based on performance metrics).
- Represented an investment advisory group in its sale to a private equity-backed firm providing consulting, advisory, accounting and related services. The deal involved complicated structuring in light of the unique role the sellers will serve as part of the acquiring company.
- Represented a growing, private equity-backed technology company its highly time-sensitive sales of multiple orphan assets with a value in excess of $10 million.
Represented a SaaS software company in its strategic sale to an international company for cash and earn-out consideration of approximately $8 million.
Represented the CEO of a staffing company in the buyout of his interest by the company with a value in excess of $8 million.
Represented a software company in the energy industry in connection with its Series C Financing for $25 million. The transaction included the conversion of convertible debt by a strategic investor.
Represented a technology company in the logistics industry in connection with its series seed financing, follow-on seed financing, and multiple rounds of Series A equity financings.
Represented a medical device company in connection with its $2 million offering of Series C Preferred Stock.
Represented a local fintech company in connection with its $1.75 million offering of convertible notes.
Represented a biotech company in connection with the company’s bridge note financing of $1 million.
Advised a private client in the client’s investment in a technology-driven real estate brokerage firm.
Represented a U.S. software company in organizing and subsequently dismantling an international consortium consisting of American, Dutch, German, and South Korean companies to deliver software, hardware and services for port security for approximately $30 million.
Represented technology companies in the logistics, healthcare, banking, telecom, shipping, entertainment, software development and other industries in hundreds of domestic and international software licensing, reseller and distribution transactions, including outsourced development deals.
My Greatest Strengths
Advising on and negotiating mergers and acquisitions.
Assisting startup and emerging companies with their founding and fundraising transactions.
Helping companies negotiate licenses, distribution agreements, and partnering arrangements, as well as commercial agreements.
Counseling on corporate governance.
Negotiating employment equity compensation and severance arrangements on behalf of executives.
Finding solutions to disputes.
I WANT YOU TO KNOW
I served as general counsel of a software company, which went public during my tenure and had $100mm in revenues, 800 employees, operations in 15 countries, and close to a $1BB market capitalization.
I started my career at Morgan Lewis, a leading international law firm.
I have been named a top Business and Corporate attorney by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers every year since 2017.
I am proud that RCCB was named Law Firm of the Year – Small, 2015 by smartCEO magazine.
WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUELY ME IS
- Giving back to my community and my family is tremendously important to me. Above all, I am most proud of my three great kids.
What Drives Me
- Taking an entrepreneurial approach was personally more important to me than continuing my in-house legal career or returning to a large law firm. Our goal was to create a different kind of firm – not just for clients, but also for the attorneys who work here. RCCB has empowered the ambitions of countless companies, investors, and executives, as well as of our amazing team.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity & Venture Capital
Equity & Debt Financing Transactions
Licensing & Technology Transactions
Employment & Consulting Agreements
- Business & Commercial Transactions
Partnerships & LLCs
General Business & Corporate Counseling
- Information technology
- Software and SaaS
- Internet and e-Commerce
- Social media
- Medical devices
- Alternative energy
- Private equity
- Venture capital
- Angel investors
- Marketing and public relations
- Roger Braunfeld and Neil Cooper Discuss Building Culture in a Law Firm With Dave Bookbinder on Behind the Numbers TV ShowVideo, November 15, 2022
- October 27, 2022
- Firm News, July 8, 2022
- Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld (RCCB) Announces Fourteen 2022 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars®Firm News, May 26, 2022
- RCCB is Pleased to Sponsor the World Affairs Council of Philadelphia and Diplochat: A Conversation on US-Israel RelationsSponsorship, May 17, 2022
- Sponsorship, Jewish Relief Agency, December 2021
- Sponsorship, Smart Business Dealmakers Conference, September 7, 2021
- Sponsorship, Satell Institute CEO Conference, August 30, 2021
- Firm News, June 3, 2021
- Firm News, June 8, 2020
- Firm News, November 15, 2018
- Firm News, May 21, 2018
- Publication, The Legal Intelligencer, January 17, 2018
- Firm News, May 22, 2017
- Cooper Featured in Philadelphia Magazine Article "Philly Rebooted: The Biggest Ideas of 2016 - and Beyond"Firm News, Philadelphia Magazine, October 15, 2016
- Firm News, June 17, 2015
- Firm News, January 13, 2015
- Publication, RCCB Employment Alert, July 2020
- Publication, The Legal Intelligencer, January 17, 2018
Videos & Podcasts
Community & Professional
Community & Professional
Philadelphia-Israel Chamber of Commerce, Past President and Member, Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
- Satell Institute, Member Board of Directors. The Satell Institute is a non-profit, non-partisan foundation that facilitates high impact, philanthropic Corporate Social Responsibility.
Actively involved in leadership activities with a number of charitable and philanthropic organizations.
J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 1995
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Columbia Journal of Transnational Law, Articles Editor
A.B., cum laude, Harvard College, 1991
- The Harvard Crimson, Editor
Raoul Wallenberg Fellow, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 1992
- New Jersey
Philadelphia Titan 100, 2022
Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Business and Corporate, 2017-Present