Search News & Insights
News & Insights Archive
- Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld LLC and Partner David Antzis Launch Justice for the Hungry Challenge for Pennsylvania-Based Lawyers and Law FirmsFirm News - David Antzis, Spring 2021
Justice for the Hungry, a fund-raising challenge to Pennsylvania-based attorneys and law firms established by RCCB Partner David Antzis has a $1 million-dollar goal to fight food insecurity.
- Firm News - Donna Tobin, March 2021
A conversation with intellectual property lawyer Donna Tobin about #cannabis-related #trademark issues including state registrations, Martha Stewart's cannabis plan, pending legalization issues and their impact on trademarking and much much more.
- Firm News - Neil Willner, March 2021
RCCB adds Neil M. Willner as Co-Chair of the Cannabis Industry Group at the New York office.
- Media Mention - Marc Skapof, February 5, 2021
Mark Skapof, RCCB Partner and President of TMA NY Chapter chats with Citybizlist aboutTMA, his career, the pandemic, and what's in store for 2021 in commercial bankruptcy.
- Firm News - Marc Skapof, January 12, 2021
RCCB Bankruptcy Partner Marc Skapof was selected as President of the Turnaround Management Association (TMA) New York City Chapter as of January 1, 2021. Marc was most recently the 2020 President-elect, and prior to that, Vice President of Programming from 2017-2020, and Director since 2016.
- Firm News - Barry Cohen, Marc Hirschfield, Marc Skapof, Donna Tobin, November 11, 2020
Trademarks & Brands and Business Restructuring & Bankruptcy groups have been recognized by Best Law Firms®.
- Firm News - Barry Cohen, November 3, 2020
Philadelphia Business Journal names RCCB as one of the largest Intellectual Property Law firm practices in Philadelphia.
- Firm News - David Antzis, November 2, 2020
RCCB is pleased to announce the addition of Partner David S. Antzis to the firm’s Corporate & Business Group.
- Media Mention - Donna Tobin, October 21, 2020
RCCB Partner and Trademarks & Brands Practice Group lawyer Donna Tobin answers the burning question "When Do I Need My First Trademark: An Interview with Donna Tobin" during a podcast interview with Darshan Kulkarni, on darshan talks.
- Firm News - Marc Hirschfield, Marc Skapof, Donna Tobin, 2020
NY Metro Super Lawyers recognizes three RCCB Partners
- Firm News - Barry Cohen, Marc Hirschfield, Donna Tobin, September 8, 2020
RCCB is pleased to announce that New York Partners Marc E. Hirschfield and Donna A. Tobin, and Philadelphia Partner Barry L. Cohen have been included in the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. Read the full story here.
- Firm News - Alex Seldin, August 24, 2020
RCCB is pleased to announce Alex Seldin has joined its Corporate & Business Group as Counsel in the Philadelphia office.
- Media Mention - David Gitlin, August 10, 2020
RCCB Corporate and Securities Attorney David Gitlin was recently interviewed by VC Confidential for the podcast “Why Are Structured Exits Good for Founders, and Investors, too?”
- Firm News - July 1, 2020
Leila Vaughan, RCCB Tax Counsel, was selected as Vice Chair to the American Bar Association Tax Section Committee.
- Firm News - Matt Brinker, Barry Cohen, Neil Cooper, Dustin Covello, David Dalesandro, Matthew Faranda-Diedrich, Marc Hirschfield, Taylor Smith Leslie, Sean Litz, Alexander Nassar, Laura Reinhold, John Royer, Jr., Marc Skapof, Jennifer Tintenfass, Donna Tobin, Joshua Upin, June 8, 2020
Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars chose thirteen RCCB attorneys for those awards.
- Firm News - Roger Braunfeld, May 12, 2020
RCCB dispensed pro bono advice in the new formation of the Pennsylvania 30 Day Fund, a nonprofit providing forgivable loans to small businesses.
- Firm News - Barry Cohen, Donna Tobin, March 16, 2020
RCCB's Barry Cohen and Donna Tobin have returned to the World Trademark Review 1000 list. Cohen is listed as a “Global Leader,” and is described as a “tactically savvy litigator who understands how to use litigation as a business tool to facilitate quick wins.” Tobin is described by the publication as someone who “whether litigating, licensing intellectual property or advising on clearance or portfolio development, her aim is to make her in-house contacts look good. She achieves this by focusing on results and creating IP value.”
- Firm News - Chase Wright, January 21, 2020
RCCB is pleased to welcome Chase Wright to the Corporate & Business Group.
- Firm News - December 18, 2019
“2019 was a banner year for RCCB, and it is important we take a moment to recognize all those who have contributed to our success to date,” said John E. Royer, Jr., Managing Partner. Read about our achievements of the past year in the press release, Dedication to Distinctive Approach Fuels Successful Year for Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld LLC.
- Firm News - October 15, 2019
John Royer was recognized for his work in the corporate category. He brings more than 30 years of business and corporate law experience to his clients, for whom he frequently serves as outside general counsel. He focuses his practice primarily on business and corporate law transactions and counseling for emerging growth technology and life science companies, executives and investors, as well as middle market and family-owned businesses.
- Firm News - Barry Cohen, Matthew Faranda-Diedrich, Julie Latsko, September 24, 2019
RCCB was pleased to sponsor the 2019 Association Corporate Counsel Business Skills Institute.
- Firm News - Timothy Levy, September 19, 2019
RCCB endorsed the lively 1776 program - Founding Failures hosted by the firm's Tim Levy.
- Firm News - Donna Tobin, September 17, 2019
RCCB is pleased to welcome two new partners to our growing New York City office. Donna A. Tobin will lead the firm’s new Trademarks & Brands Group, while Richard A. Siegal brings expertise to the Corporate & Business, Private Client Services and Tax Groups.
- Firm News - Marc Hirschfield, Marc Skapof, September 12, 2019
New York Metro Super Lawyers List selects two RCCB attorneys to the 2019 Super Lawyers List.
- Firm News - Marc Hirschfield, September 4, 2019
RCCB Partner Marc E. Hirschfield has been included in the Litigation – Bankruptcy section of the 2019 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America© for the third consecutive year. “We are delighted by Marc’s return to the 2020 Best Lawyers list,” said Managing Partner John Royer. “Marc’s name on the list is a public acknowledgement reflective of what his colleagues and clients have long said of his experience and dedication.”
- Firm News - Jonathan Grosser, Donna Tobin, August 16, 2019
Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld LLC welcomes three Partners to the firm.
- Firm News - Jonathan Grosser, August 15, 2019
- Firm News - Jonathan Grosser, August 14, 2019
Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld Welcomes Prominent Real Estate Attorney Jonathan M. Grosser. As RCCB continues its steady growth, clients have increasingly required real estate related advice. “I am extremely excited about my move to RCCB,” said Grosser. “The firm’s talent and entrepreneurial style provide me with an unparalleled opportunity to service my clients and grow my practice in an effective, efficient and forward-looking way. I’m looking forward to contributing to RCCB’s growth as well as its reputation as the law firm of choice for the region’s most dynamic and entrepreneurial companies.”
- Firm News - Matthew Faranda-Diedrich, David Gitlin, May 13, 2019
Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld Elevates Two Prominent Attorneys to Equity Partnership.
- Firm News - Matt Brinker, Dustin Covello, Matthew Faranda-Diedrich, Taylor Smith Leslie, Sean Litz, Alexander Nassar, Laura Reinhold, Jennifer Tintenfass, May 9, 2019
Thirteen RCCB attorneys were selected as 2019 PA Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- Firm News - April 24, 2019
RCCB is humbled as they are selected as a 2019 Top Workplace by The Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Firm News - Michael Goldberg, Timothy Levy, February 25, 2019
Tim Levy promoted to Partner and Michael Goldberg becomes Counsel.
- Firm News - Taylor Smith Leslie, Dirk Simpson, February 19, 2019
Our Private Client Services Group expands with the addition of Partner Dirk M. Simpson and Associate Taylor A. Smith.
- Firm News - Neil Cooper, David Gitlin, November 15, 2018
RCCB Partners were mentioned in The Legal Intelligencer article, "PA Boutiques, Spinoffs See Gains as GCs Seek Cost Flexibility."
- Firm News - Marc Hirschfield, Marc Skapof, September 17, 2018
Marc Hirschfield and Marc Skapof were named to the 2018 New York Metro Super Lawyers list. This is the eighth consecutive time for Marc Hirschfield and the fifth consecutive time for Marc Skapof.
- Firm News - Marc Hirschfield, Marc Skapof, September 4, 2018
RCCB Partner Marc E. Hirschfield was honored with the 2019 Best Lawyers List award for the second year in a row.
- Firm News - Matthew Faranda-Diedrich, August 7, 2018
RCCB not only agrees with NJ motorists that the $50 late fee for missed tolls is outrageous, but the firm is taking the case to court on behalf of E-ZPass drivers.
- Firm News - David Dalesandro, Julie Latsko, June 25, 2018
RCCB announces the addition of three new Associates. David Dalesandro and Andrew Doggett join RCCB’s Corporate & Business Group and will reside in the firm’s Conshohocken office. Julie Latsko is the most recent attorney in the firm’s Litigation Group, and she will reside in the Philadelphia office.
- Firm News - Matt Brinker, Barry Cohen, Neil Cooper, Dustin Covello, Matthew Faranda-Diedrich, Sean Litz, Alexander Nassar, Laura Reinhold, John Royer, Jr., May 21, 2018
Congratulations to our attorneys selected as 2018 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars! The three RCCB attorneys selected as Super Lawyers are John Royer, Neil Cooper and Barry Cohen. The attorneys included on the Rising Stars list are Matthew Faranda-Diedrich, Sean Litz, Dustin Covello, Alex Nassar, Laura Reinhold and Matt Brinker.
- Firm News - May 16, 2018
RCCB and Drexel Ventures cohosted a Philly Tech Week panel called Hot Topics in Tech: Blockchain, IoT, AI & AR/VR. Tech leaders helped the attendees understand how these technologies impact them and their business, and have become realities in the marketplace. The event featured experts from Comcast, Drexel and startups, as well as east and west coast lawyers. After the panel, the participants split into roundtables to meet the speakers.
- Firm News - William Duff, May 15, 2018
RCCB is proud to welcome William B. Duff to the firm! Duff, a Partner in our Employment Group, will be based in our New York City office.
- Firm News - Matthew Faranda-Diedrich, February 16, 2018
The award honors 40 people under the age of 40 who have excelled in their professional life
- Firm News - Alyssa Brodzinski, Hope Hammer, Sean Litz, Melissa Paszamant, February 6, 2018
Reflecting significant growth, RCCB is proud to announce promotions, including 4 Partners, Alyssa Brodzinski, Hope Hammer, Sean Litz and Melissa Paszamant, and Marketing Manager Rachel Dub. “The well-deserved promotions reflect the important contributions to RCCB’s growth made by these team members,” said Managing Partner John E. Royer, Jr.
- Firm News - Barry Cohen, February 1, 2018
RCCB Litigation Partner Barry L. Cohen was chosen by World Trademark Review as a 2018 World Leading Trademark Professional.
- Matthew Faranda-Diedrich Quoted in Philadelphia Business Journal “What Sessions Memo Means for Banking in the Medical Marijuana Industry"Media Mention - Matthew Faranda-Diedrich, January 19, 2018
As more lenders are entering the cannabis industry, U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions authored a memo allowing the prosecution of businesses pertaining to medical marijuana. This overturns the 2014 guidelines issued to lenders from the Treasury and Justice departments under the Obama administration.
- Publication - Neil Cooper, January 17, 2018
Neil A. Cooper pens a riveting article in The Intelligencer discussing the clamor surrounding the bidding for Amazon HQ2. He also takes note that sharp tech characters are "increasing attention on Israel as a source of innovation, talent, and exciting new companies."
- Firm News - December 13, 2017
RCCB has record year of expansion by adding nine attorneys and four staff for a 39% increase in employment, plus recognition by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, as well as New York Metro Super Lawyers.
- Matthew Faranda-Diedrich Quoted in Philadelphia Business Journal "With Big Banks Reducing Retail Lending, Smaller Competitors Have A Decision To Make"Media Mention - Matthew Faranda-Diedrich, November 7, 2017
RCCB Partner Matthew Faranda-Diedrich appears in the Philadelphia Business Journal article, "With Big Banks Reducing Retail Lending, Small Competitors Have A Decision To Make," discussing lenders' changing strategies as three of the largest banks in the country reduced their retail industry loans.
- Media Mention - Marc Hirschfield, Marc Skapof, October 24, 2017
RCCB Partners Hirschfield and Skapof are representing Belgium's KBC Bank in bankruptcy proceedings filed by diamond cutter and wholesaler Exelco NV. The case has turned into a turf war with KBC demanding the case be heard in Belgium, Exelco insisting it is held in the U.S., and the judge calling it "a mess."
- Media Mention - Dustin Covello, David Gitlin, October 17, 2017
RCCB is among the most recent firm to add an international practice to offer flexibility to International clients. The midsize firm can still offer that personal service that clients appreciate and often miss with larger firms.